It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-18-2007   #1 (permalink)
awinn83

Default How good is Science Diet cat food?

Our cat had a.....smelly problem so we switched his diet to the dry Science Diet cat food. Is this a good choice? He seems less stinky but how is it nuttritionally?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-18-2007   #2 (permalink)
Sara W

Science Diet isn't all that. My male cat had urinary tract problems and our vet told us to buy the Science Diet food to help with this because it had low ash content. Yes, it worked, but a few months later, we started looking into Purina One for Urinary Protection and we tried it out. It worked great and our cat hasn't had an infection in 6 years! Plus, it's WAY cheaper than the Science Diet. Purina One offers a variety of different cat food products designed for all kinds of circumstances...I'd check them out and see if you can find something comparable and save some money...plus, you can buy it at most stores so it saves you a trip to the vet.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-18-2007   #3 (permalink)
RobbinATL

Not as good as Cat Chow

Unread 05-18-2007   #4 (permalink)
Ann S

Science Diet dog and cat food have by products and chemicals.Their are several better foods. Learn about ingredients and check on the bags, meat should be the first ingredent I personally like the breeders choice pet foods.

Unread 05-18-2007   #5 (permalink)
Valerie

I've heard that it's unhealthy from my vet. I don't use it. For my cats I use Meow Mix. The cats love it!

Unread 05-18-2007   #6 (permalink)
Rhonda N

You need to have a kind of food that is good with calcium, My vet has told me that Special Kitty is a real good cat food. Read ingredients, If it is not high in vitamines or calcium try special kitty.

Tags
breeders , cat , cat food , cats , diet , dog , dry , food , great , healthy , infection , kitty , love , male , meow , money , pet , problem , problems , save , vet

Sponsored Cat Links