It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-18-2007   #1 (permalink)
purpleflowerpwr

Default Question about cat health...?

My older neutered male cat woke up one day with poor balance and a tendancy to tilt his head in unusual ways. All his bodily functions seem to be normal and he is not in pain. I thought maybe he had a stroke??? If anyone knows a cause for such behavior please let me know. Thank you.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-18-2007   #2 (permalink)
naturegirlkole

Sounds like he needs to go to the doc. Sounds like a stroke or poisoning.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-18-2007   #3 (permalink)
Catherine M

awwwwwwtake it to a vet..especially if you fed it that recalled pet food..poor kitty

Unread 05-18-2007   #4 (permalink)
khaash273

This does sound like a stroke. I had this occur with an older cat and the cat also seemed a bit confused. I'd take the cat for a vet visit asap.

Unread 05-18-2007   #5 (permalink)
Jeannie

Your cat could be hypoglycemic. My cat is diabetic and we were told to look out for behaviors like that. Take him to the vet a.s.a.p. If you can not get to a vet right away, give him some karo syrup and if you don't have that you can use maple syrup. Vets suggest a syringe full and then give the cat something to eat. See if that helps. Good luck!

Unread 05-18-2007   #6 (permalink)
anninmontreal

We had that problem with a rabbit once. The vet said it was an ear infection (the inner ear affects balance).

Tags
behavior , cat , cat health , diabetic , ear infection , food , health , infection , kitty , male , pet , pet food , problem , question , vet

Sponsored Cat Links