It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-16-2012   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teicuih View Post
It horrifies me how many of you are feeding your cats tuna on a daily/regular basis. Regardless of cartoons and other things that lead us to believe tuna is ok for cats- it is NOT. That's a lie, just like mice and cheese. Mice actually hate cheese, they'll only eat it if they're starving and there's nothing else around. Tuna can be highly toxic for cats, and can lead to lifelong medical problems, especially in kittens. Tuna does not contain significant amounts of vitamin E, in fact, it actually prohibits the absorption of it, so too much of the fish can lead to vitamin E deficiency, resulting in yellow fat disease, or steatitis. Symptoms include loss of appetite, fever and hypersensitivity to touch, due to inflammation and necrosis of fat under the skin. Cats who are fed too much tuna can develop other nutrient deficiencies, too, because most de-boned fish are lacking in calcium, sodium, iron, copper and several other vitamins. Mercury, frequently present in tuna, also presents a potential danger. Mercury poisoning generally leads to death.
You are correct on all accounts, every post (with the exception of chicken) prior to yours are things that should absolutely NOT be fed to cats. Of course this thread is five years old and none of those people are even members any more but it is horrifying to read, anyway. Yikes.

To answer the original question, the obvious solution is to NOT run out of cat food. If you are able to keep people food in the house, you should be able to keep cat food in the house too.

But if you do run out (which I cannot understand) the only safe foods would be chicken (canned or fresh, NOT sandwich meat) or other fresh meat, NOT fish, NOT tuna, NOT dog food, NOT pizza and so on.

And if you use canned chicken be sure it doesn't contain any spices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 11-16-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-07-2013   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

jamina is on a distinguished road

I saw her photos,she is so lovely.I am also sorry that I can't help you,I have 7 fluffy kids of my own.I hope you will get help,keep trying,good luck,take care,bye
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-24-2014   #13 (permalink)
Kitten

aekdb5 is on a distinguished road

my cat loves to lick on watermelon. It could be asleep and the moment someone cuts into the melon, he comes running when it catches a smell of it

Tags
car , care , cat , cat food , cats , cold , diet , dog , dry , dry food , eating , fever , fish , food , hey , house , kittens , kitty , loss , love , medical , money , photos , present , problem , problems , sick , smell , turkey

Sponsored Cat Links