It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-20-2007   #1 (permalink)
envytheirony

Default What can you feed your cats besides cat food?

It's always a problem of mine whenever feeding time's concerned and our budget is really tight. Any ideas? Thank you in advance .

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-20-2007   #2 (permalink)
ashmanda253

dog food with tuna fish or tuna fish juice in it.but don't feed a dog cat food. it'll give them hot spots.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-20-2007   #3 (permalink)
Callista R

When my kitty gets sick I make him rice and chicken...or for a special treat he gets tuna....I am not sure for a regular diet if either is good because they probably need viatims and such but when you are in a crunch those would work...that is if the kitty cat wants to eat them

Unread 05-20-2007   #4 (permalink)
Aimee B

Sometimes when money is tight I feed them tuna fish. We usuallt have tons of it in the house and when we run out of the quality dry food. we give them a trat until we get paid

Unread 05-20-2007   #5 (permalink)
Zeeny

Cats seem to like cheese & tuna a lot and any thing your eating, try and give it to the cats and see if they like it. You might be surprised sometimes! Hope i helped!

Unread 05-20-2007   #6 (permalink)
leyycuter

well 2 tel uda truth i have never fed my cat cat food just wot we eat pizza, fish, hot wings, chicken, honey ham, u no stuff like dat

Unread 05-20-2007   #7 (permalink)
lazyserpent

I'm not sure about cats but I feed my dog and ferret chicken necks. You can buy them real cheap in some places and they love them.

Unread 05-20-2007   #8 (permalink)
Luna Duchess

going to costco can be easier on the budget, they sell cat food cheaper, and in larger quanities, tuna can make cats sick, so don't buy a lot of that, just a little to try. sandwich meats that's not processed with chemicals or salt can work.

Unread 05-20-2007   #9 (permalink)
Vanessa G

well... my cat eats bologna, ham, and turkey, or slim jims.. any light meat. that is cold.

Unread 11-16-2012   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

Teicuih is on a distinguished road
Default Do NOT feed your cats tuna all the time.

It horrifies me how many of you are feeding your cats tuna on a daily/regular basis. Regardless of cartoons and other things that lead us to believe tuna is ok for cats- it is NOT. That's a lie, just like mice and cheese. Mice actually hate cheese, they'll only eat it if they're starving and there's nothing else around. Tuna can be highly toxic for cats, and can lead to lifelong medical problems, especially in kittens. Tuna does not contain significant amounts of vitamin E, in fact, it actually prohibits the absorption of it, so too much of the fish can lead to vitamin E deficiency, resulting in yellow fat disease, or steatitis. Symptoms include loss of appetite, fever and hypersensitivity to touch, due to inflammation and necrosis of fat under the skin. Cats who are fed too much tuna can develop other nutrient deficiencies, too, because most de-boned fish are lacking in calcium, sodium, iron, copper and several other vitamins. Mercury, frequently present in tuna, also presents a potential danger. Mercury poisoning generally leads to death.

Last edited by Teicuih; 11-16-2012 at 06:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Teicuih For This Useful Post:

Tags
car , care , cat , cat food , cats , cold , diet , dog , dry , dry food , eating , fever , fish , food , hey , house , kittens , kitty , loss , love , medical , money , photos , present , problem , problems , sick , smell , turkey

Sponsored Cat Links