It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-20-2007   #1 (permalink)
that girl

Default Is she getting all the nutrients she needs from dry cat food alone?

My cat will only eat dry cat food. She wont touch canned cat food or people food. Is she getting all the nutrients she needs from dry cat food alone? If not, how can I get her to try something new?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-20-2007   #2 (permalink)
Alice K

All my cats have grown up on Purina Cat Chow and they're healthy as little horses. One lived to be 22 and one is coming up on 17.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-20-2007   #3 (permalink)
merman

hey call your local vet and ask. they should not mind answering that ?

Unread 05-20-2007   #4 (permalink)
Vakari

A good quality dry cat food provides complete nutrition. It's healthier for your cats teeth to eat dry food, too.

Unread 05-20-2007   #5 (permalink)
Contemplate Silence

Actually.. I disagree.Dry cat food is better for your cat's teeth, but it has a bunch of "filler" ingredients. I'd prefer to feed my cats high quality canned food, but after the pet food recall, it just costs too much. Overall, I believe it's much better to feed your cat both. The advantage of teeth-cleaning dry food, and moisture rich, "realistic" wet food. (Dry food can result in UTIs in male cats if they don't drink enough water)

Unread 05-20-2007   #6 (permalink)
ebonyruffles

I feed strictly dry, only because I can't stand the look or smell of canned food. It's gross. I did buy a small can once for a treat & they wouldn't eat it. There's 69 cents I'll never get back, LOL!

Tags
age , canned food , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , cleaning , dry , dry food , food , healthy , hey , male , nutrition , pet , pet food , small , smell , vet , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links