It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-21-2007   #1 (permalink)
Kelly T

Default Low-waste cat food and cat-box finickiness issues?

I'm looking for a low-waste cat food. Now that I have two-grown cats, they are pooping machines! I am having to change the litter box way more frequently (every other day with non-clumpable litter like Fresh Step gel crystals) than I used to since I changed them to Science Diet food because I heard it was better for them. They have previously been on Iams and Eukanuba. Today I bought a $130 dollar Scoop-Free litter box to help keep their litter even cleaner, but thought I would even take an additional step to keep litter box cleaner, such as low-waste food. I've never had a problem with too much waste in litter box, but recently, cleaning lady closed closet door to litter box, so kitties had no choice but to crap outside litter box. Now, they are exceptionally picky with cleanliness of litterbox since they feel like they have "options" now -- even though carpets have been cleaned MULTIPLE times. Suggestions???

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-21-2007   #2 (permalink)
granniegrump

1. get the litter box out of the closet where it can be closed in.2. Change to clumpable litter.3. Get more than one litter box.If the kitties are pooping somewhere else, chances are they're peeing there, too. Clean the area as best you can. Place clean litterbox over the offending site. Each day, move the litter box toward your main litterbox (2 feet or so), keeping the box clean in between. Once you have moved it next to the main litter box, pour the litter into the main box. Place the other, now clean litter box in another strategic area of the home and keep both free of clumps.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-21-2007   #3 (permalink)
Toxy

No Moist Food.Dry cat food is most likly to be harmless to their stomach.Make sure that they dont seek any human food!

Tags
box , cat , cat food , cats , changed , clean , cleaning , diet , dry , food , free , hey , home , kitties , litter , litter box , litterbox , peeing , problem , suggestions

Sponsored Cat Links