It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-21-2007   #1 (permalink)
kc b

Default Can anyone tell me where I can find some recipe's for home made dog & cat food.?

Can anyone tell me where I can find some recipe's for home made dog & cat food.?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-21-2007   #2 (permalink)
drocker999

Just type it in your search engine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-21-2007   #3 (permalink)
Jody SweetG

try the internet

Unread 05-21-2007   #4 (permalink)
cathrine h

http://www.getrecipe.com/dogrecipes....pymeatloaf.htm

Unread 05-21-2007   #5 (permalink)
Natalia

all i really do is go to the butcher and buy pet mince, and boil it up with some rice and water and sometimes i add stale bread or left-overs from the fridge that the little guy might like. some vegetables work too. although it looks like a horrible mush in the end it tastes like magic to him. they don't have such a refined palette like humans do and will be satisfied with anything meaty. just make sure you don't add onions or garlic or any odd flavours. keep it simple. they'll love you for it!

Unread 05-21-2007   #6 (permalink)
Heather D

Turkey and Vegetable MixI use two pounds of ground turkey and a bag of chopped, mixed vegetables. I chose turkey because it's easier to digest than beef. (Using fresh veggies is actually a better idea because they have more minerals and vitamins in them.) This made a day's meals for my little Beagle. How much you'll need to make will depend on the size of your dog. You can always make up a big pot of this recipe, then refrigerate the leftovers. You can refrigerate the leftovers for up to a week. Then, for his or her next meal, just take out the desired amount and microwave it until it's just warm.Place the ground turkey and the vegetables into a large skillet with a little bit of water. Cook on the stove over medium heat. When the ground turkey is cooked clear through, and is no longer pink, the veggies should be tender. You can add some other healthy things to this Turkey and Vegetable Mix, if need be. Such as, if your dog is suffering from Diarrhea, stir in a couple cups of cooked white or brown rice. If fleas are a problem, just sprinkle in a teaspoon of garlic powder. Or, if you want to fortify your dog's diet, crumble up some doggy vitamins and mix them in. To help build my Beagle up because he had lost a pound or two, I stirred in a scrambled egg for protein. (dog food)Boil a pound or two of chicken parts such as livers, hearts, and giblets in a pan of water on the stove. Or, use the same amount of boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead. Either one works fine, but the latter is more expensive to buy.Boil the chicken until it's tender and is cooked thoroughly. Then, stir in a cup of steamed green beans. Add the mixture to your food processor or blender. Grind it up or turn it into a puree, whichever your cat prefers. Then, add enough chicken broth to make a soup, and serve.Store any leftover Chicken Soup or other homemade cat food in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to a week. None of my cats like cold food straight from the refrigerator, so I place a serving of the food on a microwave- safe paper plate. I then nuke it on medium power for approximately ten seconds. (The exact time will depend on the wattage of your microwave oven.) The homemade cat food isn't hot, but it isn't chilly anymore either.My Tuna 'n Egg Kitty Casserole is one of Kermit's favorite feasts. The ingredients are one can of tuna fish in oil- don't drain it- and a scrambled egg or two, depending on their size. Then, simply mix the tuna fish in with the egg and mix it together well.Note: Does your cat have a problem with Diarrhea? If so, simply mix a cup of cooked white or brown rice into any of these recipes. The rice will help to bind their bowels and stop the problem naturally without giving them drugs. (cat food)

www.associatedcontent.com

Tags
age , brown , cat , cat food , cats , cold , diarrhea , diet , dog , fish , fleas , food , healthy , heat , hey , home , homes , internet , kitty , lost , love , pet , problem , search , stop , turkey , type , water

Sponsored Cat Links