It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-21-2007   #1 (permalink)
h w

Default do you have a safe sr. cat food, dry & canned, on shelf now. if so, please

identify.?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-21-2007   #2 (permalink)
utk9trnr

stick with something that is not manufactured at all by menu foods. Royal Canin, Blue Buffalo and Purino Pro Plan are good options.Check the label just to be on the safe side and make sure that it contains NO WHEAT GLUTEN.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-02-2007   #3 (permalink)
bluelulu

read the ingredients.
Cats are meat eaters and I don't see why we should feed them gluten or grains.
And the by-products, animal digests are really disgusting ingredients in food.

Would not recommend anyone feeding their cats Whiskas. It's all crap. Do a little research and you'll see.

I am currently feeding mine Origen for dry food and trying to get them to like Honest Kitchen's Prowl as that's supposed to be very good raw food diet product. However my 3 cats aren't too crazy about that one but love Origen.

If price is a concern, Chicken Soup for Pet lover's soul is also a great choice.

Unread 08-02-2007   #4 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Quote-"Cats are meat eaters and I don't see why we should feed them gluten or grains. And the by-products, animal digests are really disgusting ingredients in food"-Quote.

Cats do eat a small percentage of grains in their natural diet. In the wild cats eat almost the entire body of their prey including its stomache contents. As most wild and feral cats eat rodents they would consume grains etc. Granted it is a small percentage but it is present in their nutritional needs.
Angelkiss x

Tags
age , animal , cat , cat food , cats , color , crazy , diet , dry , dry food , feral , food , great , hey , love , natural , pet , present , raw , royal , small , wild

Sponsored Cat Links