It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-09-2007   #1 (permalink)
Kelly_ann1980

Default Update on Blood in the stool

My tortie Sabrina is still eating, mainly her moist food. Not soo much her kibbles like she use to. She still has soft stool with blood in it, it really stinks. She doen't cover up her stool anymore or when she does the pee. I don't know what is causing her stomach upset.

Can food allergy cause her to have blood in the stool? Stool should be formed.

Right now I'm feeding her Solid Gold, do you think that is causing her upset stomach? Maybe she needs to be fed high fiber diet.

I'm going to try her on Scientist Diet to see if that helps. They say that helps cats with diarrhea. I will see if that works.

Please reply and let me know. Thanks for your time.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-09-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Sensativity to foods can cause loose stools. My cat has a delicate tummy, I took her to the vets. The vet said to try her with a complete dry diet and stop wet food completely. Since doing this her tummy has completely settled.
I must note that there was never any blood present.
Suddenly changing a cats diet can upset their tummies so all changes should be made gradually.
Has your cat been wormed? Internal parasites can cause bleeding if untreated.
If the blood is present regularly her colon is probably inflamed so this will be uncomfortable for her. You must take her to the vets just in case there is something more serious wrong with her. I realise vets fees are can be rather expensive at times but you would not want your kitty to be in any pain. Cats are very good at hiding pain.
I hope things work out for you and your kitty!
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
allergy , cat , cats , color , diarrhea , diet , dry , eating , fiber , food , hey , hiding , kitty , pee , present , stop , uncomfortable , upset , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links