It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-02-2007   #1 (permalink)
Catwanderer

Default Big cat, bad health

Well I'll say it straight out. My cat is 17 pounds. Waaaay overweight. I really don't know what to do. I have 3 cats and I feed them 3 times a day. Morning, afternoon, night. Basically breakfast, lunch, dinner. Now I know my cat might be stealing food from the other cats. I tried separating the food and feed them in different places but it doesn't work. I tried exercising him but after 3 minutes he isn't into it as much as the first 30 seconds. I still don't know what to do and I'm afraid he might get something like diabetes. Can you please help me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
Catwanderer

Well I will take your advice on bringing him to a vet. Now there is a problem though. He doesn't really eat dry food. In fact if you gave him a cup he would only eat maybe less than half. He really only eats wet food which isn't the best for a cat all the time. I looked at the bag for how much I should put for his weight. It said about 1 cup. I cleaned the bowl, took the cup and poured 1 cup from a measuring cup. Put the bowl down and all he does is stare at it and rub against me. So I'm going to take him to a vet soon. If he's hungry I guess he'll eat it. Thanks for the help. Oh and that thing about taking it away. What about wet food. Not saying I feed them that every time but only the times I do. How will I take that away? It might become old before the next time I give them it. Or it won't be enough.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
advice , cat , cats , diabetes , dry , dry food , food , health , morning , night , overweight , problem , stealing , vet , weight , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links