It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-04-2007   #1 (permalink)
nhicks

Default help is my cat pregnant

i have what i thought was a 2 month old kitten when i got her was was kinda skinny but she has been gaining wieght like crazy and she doesnt eat that much. all she has been doing lately is sleeping i dont know if she is pregnant or if there is some kind of illness that can make her stomach swell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bell 00912.JPG (34.9 KB, 9 views)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-04-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

I totally agree with all MGM has written.
I breed cats and am used to diagnosing pregnancies although not by photos lol. About three weeks after mating a pregnant cat "pinks up" which means her nipples glow a bright pink colour. This pinkness does fade though and as your cats tummy is swelling (if she is pregnant) she would probably be further than three weeks. Even after the pinkness fades the nipples stay fairly plump but unless you have another female to compare her too you may not be able to tell. Another way to tell is your cats nipples will get tiny black dots in the surrounding area. They look like flea dirt but cannot be washed away as it is in the pigment of the skin. The pregnancy hormones cause this to happen. And yes pregnant cats do sleep a lot but should still be encouraged to play.
As you don't have much experience I would strongly recomend you take your cat to the vets. Most cat pregnancies go without a problem, but there is always a risk so the more you know the better prepared you will be.
Please don't buy any over the counter treatments for fleas or worms as you really need to know if she is pregnant or not. Plus vets strength products are cheaper in the longrun as they are more effective.
All the best & if there is anything else troubling you about your cat I will do my best to help you,
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
black , breed , cat , cats , color , crazy , female , fleas , fur , hey , kitten , mating , photos , play , pregnancy , pregnant , problem , sleep , sleeping

Sponsored Cat Links