It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-17-2007   #1 (permalink)
Claire Bear oO

Unhappy Skinny Cats

Two of my cats are skinny, so I would like to put some meat on them. To do this, what should I feed them? I'm feeding them generic dry food right now, and I don't pay for their food, and I don't think my mom will be too happy to pay for expensive food, but is there any cheap food that I can feed to make them fatter?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-19-2007   #2 (permalink)
Claire Bear oO

Thanks for the help! I'm not old enough to take my cats to the vet myself, and my stepdad insists that cats don't need to go to the vet. o_o My mom will take them in a little over a month, and I'll try to convince them to buy better cat food. Also, both of the skinnier cats sometimes vomit whatever food they eat, is there anything I can do, besides switching the foods, that will help prevent this?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-19-2007   #3 (permalink)
smudge

i would say that when changing a cats food dont just change it straight away i would mix the new food with some on the old over a week or so and changing food staright a way can cause illness

Unread 07-19-2007   #4 (permalink)
Angelkiss

I would not advise giving cows milk to a cat as they cannot digest the lactose in it. Cows milk therefor can cause your cat to get diarrhoea. In turn making your cat lose weight and not gain.
Kitten food is higher in fats and protiens. Which should help to build them up a bit. As Smudge says introduce any new food slowly to avoid unsettled tummies.
Some cats are naturally thin and are perfectly healthy and fit. Cats such as Siamese and Orientals are fine boned cats. If your cats are mixed breed there is a possability they have Siamese/Oriental origin.
If your cats are healthy & fit I would not worry. If they are sickly and losing weight then they really must see a vet.
All the best
Angelkiss x

Unread 07-23-2007   #5 (permalink)
Claire Bear oO

Thanks again for the help. My stepdad won't take them to the vet, honestly, he doesn't care enough, but my mom is planning to take them in a few weeks. My mom will only buy new food after the old food runs out, so how am I supposed to mix them?

Tags
breed , care , cat , cat food , cats , color , dry , dry food , food , happy , healthy , hey , mixed breed , siamese , vet , vomit , weight , worry

Sponsored Cat Links