It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
coachsdaughter

Question feeding cat tuna??

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I joined because I don't know what to do with my cat. She's had allergies, pretty bad actually, she used to get these scabs on her hindquarters(gone now). Anyways, the vet put her on green pea and rabbit food, she wouldn't eat it. So, I bought some canned food at the store, which she seemed to like a bit better. My mom was really worried about her, because she's so skinny, so she started feeding her tuna in vegetable oil, which she LOVES...but is it good for her? Please help, I'm SO worried about her

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Hi sorry to read about the problems you are having with your cat.
Tuna is ok as an occasional treat but is not good to be given as your cats meal.
Do you know exactly what your cat is allergic to? Is it food related?
I would be tempted to try giving your cat some cooked chicken and boiled rice. Boil the chicken with the rice so the rice takes on some of the flavour from the meat. This is a fairly bland meal but delicate enough for sensative cats. When your cat has settled with this food for a few days, try slowly introducing a new food mixed in with the chicken meal. If the cat reacts badly go back to the chicken and rice for a while then try to introduce some other foods slowly at a later date. You may be able to pin point the cause of the allergy.
If your cat is eating canned food without a problem try giving her kitten food as it is higher in fats and protien which should help build her up. An occasional treat of raw mince beef may help too.
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-05-2007   #3 (permalink)
coachsdaughter

Thank you!! I just bought some canned kitten food, and she ate it up in seconds. The vet that I take her to doesn't know what she's allergic to...he's been running tests on her for over a year now. She has these scab like lesions from her neck up. And, sometimes it looks like she has dandruff. Even though it's getting quite expensive, I would sell a body part, just to have her healthy again. So, I think that when I get her fattened up I'll try the chicken and rice. Thank you again!!
Kristen

Unread 08-05-2007   #4 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Not a problem .
I am glad to help...I hope it works!
All the best.
Angelkiss x

Tags
allergic , allergies , allergy , canned food , cat , cats , color , eating , food , healthy , kitten , kitten food , problem , problems , raw , scab , vet

Sponsored Cat Links