It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-12-2007   #1 (permalink)
coachsdaughter

Unhappy skinny cat

Hi,
I really need some help here...My cat is extremely skinny, my vet says she looks like a refugee, so I started feeding her kitten food hoping that would fatten her up. Anyways, she has some kind of allergies, the vet doesn't know what she's allergic to, so she was on a prescription diet, but she wouldn't eat it, hence the kitten food(which she loves). Tonight, she has had one episode of really runny diarrhea and she's thrown up. I don't know what to do!?! She's very weak. And, she won't eat anything but the kitten food. HELP
coachsdaughter

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-12-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Have you tried giving plain cooked chicken & rice? Its bland and should help settle your cats delicate tummy. Scrammbled eggs are good too.
Is your cat still ill or was it just a one off incident?
If your cat is still poorly you have to make sure you get some fluids into her. If she refuses to drink you should try syringing some water gently into her mouth. If you don't have a syringe try tipping a little water off a spoon. If your cat dehydrates she could get very poorly.
Get your cat back to the vet, explain the food they offered before did not work for your cat. They should have other different foods they could try. You could ask your vet for some Kaline paste which helps settle a bout of diarrhoea. If your vet will give you this ask for a bit extra so you can have some at home in case you need it again.
I hope your cat gets better, all the best,
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-17-2007   #3 (permalink)
X-x-catlove-x-

Default skinny CATS

i no what u mean wen i went on holiday to devon everyone was healthy now wen we came back to of our cats are extremmy thin and boney and we ahve tried getting them to fatten up and my mum is going to take problery smudge down to the vets soon wen he gets heis jabs to see if the vets have something becuz we have been there already but he did not give us anything o help and then theres spike as well the only cat ellie hu is left is fine and not thin at all but not fat either just right

Unread 09-17-2007   #4 (permalink)
Pinkkittensdancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachsdaughter View Post
Hi,
I really need some help here...My cat is extremely skinny, my vet says she looks like a refugee, so I started feeding her kitten food hoping that would fatten her up. Anyways, she has some kind of allergies, the vet doesn't know what she's allergic to, so she was on a prescription diet, but she wouldn't eat it, hence the kitten food(which she loves). Tonight, she has had one episode of really runny diarrhea and she's thrown up. I don't know what to do!?! She's very weak. And, she won't eat anything but the kitten food. HELP
coachsdaughter
Oh Dear!!

I am having similiar problems with my kitten who is a mixed breed rescue kitten. My vet has tested for worms so she is okay there....I would keep giving your kitten moist food as about 75% is water anyway which will be good for keeping her from dehydrating. Have you tried giving your kitten cat formula...you know, what you feed to kittens who cannot be nursed by their momma's? It might help fatten your kitten up....how old is your kitten?

I hope she is okay....

Tags
allergic , allergies , breed , cat , cats , color , diarrhea , diet , food , healthy , hey , holiday , home , kitten , kitten food , kittens , mixed breed , problems , rescue , vet , water , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links