It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-12-2007   #1 (permalink)
bteo

Default Help! My Cat Poo's Blood

My cat has been poo'ing blood for the past few months.

It has been on and off and its recently come back again.

I took her to the vet and they didn't really help much except take $200 for consultation.

Changed her diet a few times... Now all I feed her is just normal cat food "Whiskers" top brand cat food in Australia.

And I sometimes cook chicken with no oil or anything else just plain chicken which I mix into her food.

Recently when she's goes to the toilet her feces has blood and usually right at the end its just blood not a lot but enough to be abnormal.

Does anyone know what it is?

Is it the food, not enough water?

I'm a little lost.

Please help....

BEN

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-12-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Did your vet do any blood tests or suggest any course of action?
Is she a little constipated or is it in normal motions?
My cat Kiki had a simular problem. She was passing a little blood and mucus in her normal motions. My vet said she had an inflamed intestine, the vet gave her a course of antibiotics and said to stick to her usual diet as any change could irritate and not to give any extras like treats etc. I stuck to my vets advice and sure enough she has no problem now. My cats usual diet is Royal Canin indoor cat. It is fairly expensive compared to other brands but it is a good quality food.
Many supermarket brands have too much fibre and not enough protien so cats need to eat more of it to get what they need out. They also put colouring in it to make it more appealing to the consumer, the colourings can irritate some cats systems.
I hope your cat is feeling better soon,
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-12-2007   #3 (permalink)
bteo

Thanks for your reply,

My cat also called Kiki... =)

The vet said did not advice for a scan or blood test. I think I might get one.

I think you are right about the fiber... I'll try more protein foods and see how I go!

Thanks!!!

Tags
advice , antibiotics , cat , cat food , cats , color , diet , fiber , food , hey , indoor , lost , poo , problem , royal , test , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links