It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
AMS

Default Decline in health over the last month

So my neighbors have a cat that they let outside all the time. We bring it inside often, and we actually care for it. The neighbors aren't so good with the cat, in fact they don't really do anything with it They won't let us take it to the vet or anything because they don't want us "getting in their business". Idiots! They are moving in 3 weeks and said they were just gonna leave it when they move (awful I know). So we're gonna take it in and keep it. Until then, we gotta wait for them to move away.

But anyways, I've noticed a decline in health over the last month. He's lost weight and muscle mass (hasn't lost his appetite, he's not bone thin but it's a rather alarming drop in weight and muscle) doesn't use the litter box regularly, prefers the carpet (never ever did this before), is losing hair (has fleas despite us using lots of flea treatments bought at the pet store so I think the hair loss is attributed to his excessive scratching, still has silky full hair where he can't reach to scratch) and is sleeping a lot more.

What's wrong with this cat?
We're bringing him to the vet when the idiot neighbors finally move.

So here's a little background info so a guess as to what is wrong with the cat can be made: Is a little over a year old, Was very muscular and lean, don't know if he has had his vaccinations since the neighbors really haven't said anything, I'm guessing he's not fixed since he still has his testicles, highly active, outdoor cat, very affectionate and gentle with all people, ate and eats a ton of food.

Also, this may seem weird but I think it's worth noting. At the very beginning of his health decline it appeared as though his testicles have "dropped". They used to look "pushed up" but now they look as though they have dropped a little bit and look smaller. No I'm not some cat pervert LOL, but they used to be quite large but now they appear as they have shrunk and don't appear as rounded.

Thanks for reading this very long post!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
marble

Im really sorry to hear about the cat your awful neighbours have but from what you say I wouldnt wait 3 weeks to take him to the vet.

I have no idea whats wrong with him but if this is not possible then I'd call the SPCA for cruelty and let them "discuss" it with the neighbours!!

They would let you keep the cat afterwards if thats what you still wanted to do.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
affectionate , box , business , care , carpet , cat , fixed , fleas , food , hair loss , health , hey , litter , litter box , loss , lost , moving , outdoor , scratching , sleeping , vet , weight , weird

Sponsored Cat Links