It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-07-2007   #1 (permalink)
DANA

Default My Cat Is Walking Funny After Being Neutered

I really need some input. we had our cat neutered about 2 weeks ago, just in the last few days i have noticed that he is walking funny, kinda all hunched up, with his rear end tucked uned him. he does not act like he is in pain though, he is eating and drinking. he just lays around. kinda reminds me of being partially paralyzed. what could be going on?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-08-2007   #2 (permalink)
nancyhope

Default my cat is ill can anyone help

hi everyone my name is nancy an i live in brooklyn ny i have 2 cats an one is very ill. he has something called Feline Hepatic Lipidosis i.e.Fatty Liver Disease an this is an accumulation of fats (lipids) in the liver tissue. Although the disease is no known cause, it is thought that it might result from the way cats metabolize proteins and fats. The disease progresses this way:
A previously overweight cat stops eating for whatever reason
Lacking food, the body starts sending fat cells to the liver to process into lipoproteins for fuel.
Cats' livers are not efficient at processing fat, and much of the fat is stored in the liver cells.
Left untreated, eventually the liver fails and the cat dies. The cat may become very lethargic and may show jaundice. GOOD NEWS this is treatable and can be cured BAD NEWS if not he can die of starvation / anorexia an so far it cost $3,000 (IM NOT ASKING FOR $$)to bring my Sugar (cat) to the NY animal hosiptal to be treated they fell he will eat an be better at home he is 22lbs and is not eatting there on his own they have a tube feeding him NOW i work an can not take off for 10 day to feed him 4 times a day by had i need someone that is able and capable someone who or has worked in a veternerians office. i lve my sugar, he is my family. please if anyone can help me with this matter or know's someone that lives in the NY area an would be willing to help me feed my boy i'd be in your an their debt. please email nancyhope24@yahoo.com

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
animal , boy , cat , cats , eating , family , food , fun , funny , hey , home , mat , overweight

Sponsored Cat Links