It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-19-2007   #1 (permalink)
BuffyBot

Exclamation Sneezing blood??? HELP!

Hello. One of my two cats (not sure which one) might be sneezing blood. We got home from shopping yesterday to find the window cill sprinkled with spatters of blood. I checked both cats but neither has a scratch on her. No missing teeth; no traces of blood on either cat.
And both are behaving like normal -- appetite's the same, habits are the same. Both cats are as energetic (or lazy, as the case may be) as they usually are...

I can't for the life of me fathom what this was from. At first we thought that Sophie (the eldest) might have caught and killed something, but this morning I discovered some more blood spatters in a different window cill.

I called the vet and they said it didn't sound like anything to worry about yet. But how can I not worry? If one of my babies is sneezing blood, isn't that something to worry about???

Or could it be something simple and mild that would cause these symptoms? I did recently move to a new country and switched brands of cat litter and cat food. Have you ever heard of either cat food or cat litter causing these symptoms??

I would appreciate any info or advice you guys have to offer! My babies are my life!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-19-2008   #2 (permalink)
courtneylovescats

Hi ,
Well your cat might have a nose bleed i read somewhere that when a cat has a nose bleed you cant see any blood

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-20-2008   #3 (permalink)
charbear90

I my self have never heard of cat food or litter causing a nose bleed in a cat. My sisters cat had a little cold a while back where she would sneeze a lot eventually she sneezed her nose raw so she started to sneeze blood from her nose. Much like when a human gets sick and has a really runny nose that they keep wipping, the cat uses her paw to wipe at her own nose. It shouldn't be too serious but you should (just to be safe) take both of them to the the vet for a check up.

Unread 03-23-2008   #4 (permalink)
myming

dear charbear90,
take the kitty to the doctor!
my siamese of 17 years developed nose bleeds. the doctor and i thought it was a chronic nasal congestion - started on clavamox and it worked for awhile, but then it got to the point where i was taking him to the emergency room once a week for the bleeds.
RESULT=tumor in sinus cavity which started pushing his eyeball out. i had to put him down after 17 years of love.
SEE THE DOCTOR ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 03-23-2008   #5 (permalink)
myming

dearcourtneylovescats,

please see my post to charbear90.

BELIEVE ME, you can see the blood all over the cat, the house, his carrier and the truck on the way to the emergency rooms.

Tags
advice , babies , bleed , cat , cat food , cats , cold , food , hey , home , house , kitty , lazy , litter , love , missing , morning , nose , paw , raw , scratch , shopping , siamese , sick , sneeze , vet , window , worry

Sponsored Cat Links