It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-07-2007   #1 (permalink)
christy2

Default Diarrhea remedy??

I have 2 devon rex kitties we got in October. 3 years old and have had diarrhea since we got them. They're also sneezy and have weepy eyes. Diagnosed last week with coccidiosis and are being treated.

But one kitty still has diarrhea and now blood in stools. She just looks to be in poor health (dry skin and poor coat health) but is getting some better after being treated with antibiotics and eye ointment and now the antiparasitic med.

I am taking her back to the vet (again!) but am wondering if anyone has a natural remedy for the diarrhea or suggestions on the cause. I'm having to keep her in the bathroom most of the time because she uses the litter box sporadically. She also doesn't cover up the diarrhea in her litter box.

They were being fed a variety of dry and canned foods at their previous home. I feed dry only (Solid Gold) and a weekly canned treat (premium food but can't think of the name).

Devons are so people oriented, I hate to keep her closed up. She does spend evenings with my hubby, who is her favorite people.

thanks, christy

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
antibiotics , box , devon rex , diarrhea , dry , eyes , health , hey , home , kitties , kitty , litter , litter box , natural , suggestions , vet

Sponsored Cat Links