It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-10-2008   #1 (permalink)
alholmes1987

Unhappy Cheap vets?

The only place I have ever taken my cat is to Petsmart when he was once sick before. Now, I think he has a kidney or urinary tract infection. He is peeing on people on accident and always licking his area.. He also has licked all the furr of his lower back, and meows sometimes when I touch him.

I don't have the money to take him to a regular vet, because I don't have one that I use regularly. I called and asked how much it would cost to get him all fixed up and the guy said worst case scenario would be $250, and I don't have that. I'm almost positive that that is how much it would cost, because my mom's cat went through this.

Anyhow, is there any kind of league or society I could take him to that would set up payment plans or anything of the sort without actually taking him from me? I know that if there isn't, I have to do the right thing and give him up, but that would be my last choice, because I love him so much.

Thank you.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-11-2008   #2 (permalink)
RobertB

Have you checked to see if your vet will do a payment plan of some kind? You could also look into buying pet care insurance, which may help you out as well. You can probably find some way to afford it, even if spread out.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
care , cat , fixed , infection , licking , love , money , peeing , pet , petsmart , sick , smart , vet

Sponsored Cat Links