It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
KEGANTESS

Default Help!!!!

my Tess had to have a (struvite)stone removed 3 weeks after we adopted her and since then been on Royal Canin SO food. I was told by the vet my 13 y.o.could also have this food. Well she ended up very ill ,doing great now but Tess is now not eating the food she needs to prevent a stone from reoccuring. I dont know what to do. She will not eat any of the food for her condition. She will not touch soft food at all. I have tried everything under the sun. Cost in no issue. I have read to educate myself regarding low magnesium, ash, ect. Does anyone have any idea's. I am putting down fresh water as much as possible to stimule drinking. I give her milk and dilute with water. I have hear the foods like science diet and royal canin are good. I am going to go research on organic food. anyone out the with same issues.

This cat was found in the streets of Phoenix in June. The vet didnt think this could be the issue but could a stone form based on being dehydrated.

Laurie

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-20-2008   #2 (permalink)
nancyjw3

never give a cat milk,they r lactose intolerant.
try a fountain for her water,she might drink more.
most high quality foods are low in ash.
don't buy food from the grocery store,most of it is junk
although mine do well on Iams Dry.
dry food makes them drink more water.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-22-2008   #3 (permalink)
Tater

I solved the water problem for about $13. Mine drank very little and I didn't like the prices of the fountains. I didn't want to spend good money not knowing the results. Here is my solution with charcoal filtering.

Unread 05-22-2008   #4 (permalink)
nancyjw3

thats different.
you can buy any kind of fountain.
you don't have 2 buy the drinkwell fountains for cats,
i had one that leaked,it had a big crack in it.
you can get anything like a decorative fountain,a tabletop fountain.
sometimes you can get them on clearance for$10.

Tags
adopted , cat , cats , diet , dry , eating , food , found , great , hey , home , money , not eating , problem , royal , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links