It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-11-2008   #1 (permalink)
Allytt

Default Help with Orphan 6 day old kitten!

I adopted 2 newborn kittens on Tuesday morning after I found them abandoned in the sun still with umbilical attached to placenta. Unfortunately we were unable to save one - she'd just been left in the sun too long. My little boy has been doing really well.. eats well sleeps well and until Friday had been peeing and pooping well. On Friday he had the runs so I called my vet who suggested I try feeding him less - it stopped the diarrhea but he hasn't really pood since. No matter how much I stimulate he only produces very small amounts - just about enough to dirty the cotton wool and tissue I use to stimulate him. Please - any suggestions of what to do? I know he should be pooing by now - it's almost 48 hours since the diarrhea stopped!

PS - sorry about the repeat post in another thread, but I'm desperate - Squeak needs help!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-18-2008   #2 (permalink)
Allytt

Squeak had her 2nd vet check-up on Friday and we found out he's a she! The vet said her bum was very sore and to be a bit more gentle and try some cream if needed. Since last night she won't let me stimulate her at all! I did the warm water bath for her rear end to get her to pee and I'm hoping she'll calm down enough to be able to stimulate her properly with her next feed. She was born May 6th so it's now day 13 for my baby girl. She's become very clingy the past 2 days, demanding to be held and to sleep in my arms - until then she had been more than happy to sleep in her nest with a warm rice-bag. Her eyes are still shut although they do look like they could be opening at the corners.
A friend suggested using weak tea on the washcloth instead of warm water as it's a mild antiseptic, has anyone tried this? If not any other suggestions on making her pee/poo time a bit more comfortable for her?

I'm attaching a pic, just because I'm so proud of my beautiful girl.. I know she hasn't made it yet, but she's nearly 2 weeks old - it's ok to be optimistic now right?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-18-2008   #3 (permalink)
braceegenny4m

Default for your baby kitties

my cat had 4 kittens last summer, they all died except for one because she was abusing them, i also had to take care of them like you are with squeak it was very hard for me to stimulate the babies, some people told me to get another nursing mother to help those babies, i would do whatever the vet says or see another nursing queen. good luck. im glad you rescued her

Unread 06-26-2008   #4 (permalink)
luvmykitties

She is sooo cute!!! I don't have any advice on the pee/poo thing but I just wanted to tell you she is adorable.

Tags
adopted , adorable , advice , babies , baby , bath , beautiful , boy , calm , care , cat , clingy , cute , diarrhea , eyes , found , girl , happy , hey , kitten , kittens , kitties , mat , morning , needs help , newborn , night , pee , peeing , poo , queen , save , sleep , small , suggestions , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links