It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-31-2008   #1 (permalink)
cat crazy

Question Advice for cat with alergies

I'd appreciate any advice on what to do for my poor baby,Oliver. His alergies are really bad and cause him to sneeze and make his eyes run. Is there anything I can do to make it easier on him?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-01-2008   #2 (permalink)
camarogirl4ever

What kind of allergies? My persian has the suual food allergies. To most proteins we think. I switched her food to Hills Science diet for sensitive stomach. Her eyes are %100 better the nthey were. They were always watery and ozzing persan gunk I call it.lol

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-01-2008   #3 (permalink)
cat crazy

I'm not sure of everything he's allergic to,but I know he's allergic to pollen and probably dust.

Unread 06-12-2008   #4 (permalink)
Many Paws

If your cats allergies are related to particles in his surroundings, switching his food will do nothing for him. You should have your vet run an allergy test on him, and if it really is dust & pollen he is allergic to, they can give him a steroid shot that should control his symptoms for a few months.

If he is allergic to his food, I would suggest looking for a grain free diet food.
Something without corn, wheat, soy. No by-products. Something all natural.

Good luck.

Tags
advice , allergic , allergies , allergy , baby , cat , cats , diet , eyes , food , free , hey , natural , persian , sneeze , test , vet , watery

Sponsored Cat Links