It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-08-2008   #1 (permalink)
kschutz18

Exclamation Neuro probs with my kitten!

have a 9 month old male orange tabby. When I got him he had a chest cold which turned into pneumonia in 3 days then was covered in ring worm from head to tail for 3 months. During the pneumonia he had his first "episode" of not being able to walk, screamng and hissing dilated pupils. (He is normally nonverbal and only chirps.) I witnissed the beginning of one episode where he was flopping on the floor and screaming. I picked him up and he was completely rigid. NO incontinence, foaming at the mouth or drooling. He hasn't been able to walk for 3 days. NO balance and his back legs just arent working. eating and drinking and litter box use fine. Blood work fine, and has tested negative for everything else.THis is his third "episode" and each one gets worse and the recovery time is longer. We have been giving him an anti inflammotory pain killer type stuff which seems to help a little. Im stumped and so is my vet. Can anyone help me?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-08-2008   #2 (permalink)
nancyjw3

u need a different vet.ur cat is having seizures.itmay have been caused by a high fever an infection or he may just be epileptic.
they need to run more tests and prescribe an anti-seizure medication STAT!have him tested fo fe-bart.most ppl are not familiar w/it but it can be the cause of many illnesses in cats that have been misdiagnosed or improperly diagnosed.the good thing (and i am not saying that is wrong w/your cat)but it responds to a course of ant-biotic treatment and is not a death sentance.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-08-2008   #3 (permalink)
nancyjw3

u don't say if you have a longhaired cat but ringworm is very common in persiain and himmies,it also can be a sign of a surpressed immune system.
the ringworm is the least of your problems.

Unread 06-08-2008   #4 (permalink)
kschutz18

We discussed siezures. It just is wierd that his physical symptoms are lasting so long. I know all seizures are different, but with all the symptoms it didnt exactly fit. I do have an appointment for a second opinion too. Thanks for the info!!

Unread 06-08-2008   #5 (permalink)
nancyjw3

get him tested for fe-bart.it can cause every manor of ilnesses.FelineBartonella/cat scratch fever.
his symptoms are indicative of a neurological problem.
have they done x-rays? mabe a brain tumor or a lesion,or a virus,or a stroke.u don't say where u are located.

Tags
box , cat , cats , cold , eating , fever , hey , hissing , infection , kitten , litter , litter box , male , opinion , problem , problems , ringworm , scratch , scream , tabby , type , vet

Sponsored Cat Links