It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-12-2008   #1 (permalink)
foxytnns

Question Question about feeding 2 cats

Hi everyone,
I have two female cats. One of them just turned a year old and the other is about 7-8 months old. Up until this point they have both been eating the same Kitten food. My question is, now that my one cat turned 1, and I need to switch her to adult food, what do I do with the 8 month old? Can she also start eating adult or should I mix their food 1/2 kitten 1/2 adult? Based on the housing situation it would pretty much be impossible to feed them separately (hence feeding each one their own food). Will it hurt the older cat to eat kitten food for an extra few months or is it better to just switch the younger one over sooner? I would appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-12-2008   #2 (permalink)
Many Paws

While it would be in your older cats best interest to get her on adult food, keeping her on kitten food for a few more months is certainly not going to harm her. If anything, she may pack on a few more pounds than she needs, but she'll be fine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adult , art , cat , cats , eating , female , food , hey , hurt , kitten , kitten food , question

Sponsored Cat Links