It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-24-2008   #1 (permalink)
meowmama

Default We got bad news at the vet office today

Hi, I am new to the forum. We have a 9 year old sheltie and two kitties. We adopted the first one at Thanksgiving. We found her on Craig's List. She is a beautiful tabby with a touchy disposition. We origionally named her "Hissie Fit". Regardless, she has fit right in and I love her. My husband never had a cat in his life. One of our relatives called us a month ago and said she had a loving, lap-cat ,if we wanted him. He is a black and white "tuxedo" cat-silky fur, declawed and the sweetest personality. He is Indeed a lap-cat. Today we went to the vet -afraid our dog was seriously ill. He turned out to be OK. The vet asked if we wanted the Feline leukemia and HIV test. It costs $65 and my husband (a little "tight") almost declined. The vet kept saying it was important when you rescue a cat. So...we had it done. A few minutes later, the vet came in with the bad news. Our boy kitty "DC" for Dad's Cat..has feline HIV!!! You could have knocked both of us over. Now, we must get our female kitty "MC" Mom's cat tested. There are some decisions to be made if she is negative. I'm afraid no one would want her with her disposition (she bites, if you stroke her too much!!). We never imagined that our new kitties might be sick-especially, with HIV!! By the way, it is not called AIDS until the cat shows symptoms. They can live for years with it-or, not.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
adopted , beautiful , bites , black , boy , cat , dog , female , found , fur , hey , kitties , kitty , love , loving , personality , rescue , sick , tabby , thanksgiving , vet

Sponsored Cat Links