It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-05-2008   #1 (permalink)
10 critters

Default Dying cat

My daughter has an 11 year old cat that is ill. She has been at the vet for 4 days having numerous test run. Her red blood cells come back depleted, her pancreatic enzymes were elevated. She has been given I V's for fluid, seems to rally after the IV. We brought her home over the fourth as only technicians are at the clinic on a holidy. I am staying here to help with her. She is not eating, last night when I gave her some baby gerber food with a syringe, she licked her lips, but then threw some of it up. She is using a disposable box I put in the room. Her last bowel movement was black which makes me think of stomach cancer. The vet cannot give a definite diagnosis but says it could be cancer. My thoughts are to put her down today. My daughter is waffling worried it may be too soon. Any one reading this today I would appreciate your comments. The vet closes at noon, but will wait on us if we decide to do it today. I also saw a patch of vomit that I think is bile.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-05-2008   #2 (permalink)
10 critters

We did go ahead and had her put down about an hour go, it was very quick and painless.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-06-2008   #3 (permalink)
jeri

i am sooo sorry about your kitty. my prayers are with you guys. mine is in a bad state as well now and its breaking my heart. are you familiar with the pet grieving support group on the net?

jeri

Unread 07-07-2008   #4 (permalink)
marta

I'm so sorry but your kitty is free of pain now..all the same it is hard I know.
Good vibes to you and yours.

Unread 07-08-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy RB

I'm very sorry for your loss. This is for you:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.......
Unread 07-08-2008   #6 (permalink)
lisaac1

hi my name is lisa i am so sorry to hear what is happening. but stop and think on this for the moment your cat is very sick and more then likely in alote of pain , i know BELIEVE me I KNOW how hard it is but the pain your baby is feeling is not good. just stop for a minute take a deep breath and ask God for help in yr choice of what to do, and if that is to put him/her down then try and be stronge stay and make sure your cat knows yr there with them and pet him/her tell him/her you love then and goodbye. you see not very long ago i had to do this and it was the hardest thing i had ever had to do, but i had to stop his pain and surffering. i still cry as i am now but there was nothing else i could do for him. i still pound my self in thought did i do it to soon, and the same answer comes to light it was time. but it doesn't make it any easyer, trust me on that. i am not saying go do it , i am just saying be strong and try and make the best dession for your cat not for anyone else, because its going to be hard no matter what, just think of your cat, it might be the only way to stop the suffering and pain he/she may be feeling. i hope this helps!

Unread 07-08-2008   #7 (permalink)
buttercup

My heart goes out to you and your family. I've had to put down a few of my furry kids and even though you are ending their suffering it is losing a family member. How is your daughter taking the whole situation? You are all in my thoughts.

Tags
animal , baby , black , bowel , box , cat , dying , eating , eyes , family , food , free , friends , happy , health , hey , home , hurt , kitty , loss , love , mat , night , not eating , pet , play , prayers , sick , small , spotted , stop , test , thoughts , vet , vomit , water

Sponsored Cat Links