It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-07-2008   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Fine
WeLuvCats is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to WeLuvCats Send a message via Yahoo to WeLuvCats
Question Feline E-Coli/Convenia Injection??

My cat, Charlie Boy,almost a yr old now, has been sick almost all his little life,and has seen vets,and taken meds for nearly 8 mos. The 1st 2 vets I saw just pretty much gave him antibiotics, none worked. See, Charlie has had nasal congestion,and a runny nose for ever. Now with the 3rd vet we saw,they did a nasal culture,and my lil buddy has the E-coli bacteria in his sinuses. He got an injection of Convenia,a 14 day dose,and now we wait and see. Has anyone else had a cat with this, and has your pet ever been given this Convenia injection? Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-08-2008   #2 (permalink)
buttercup

Wow you could be talking about our lilac point we adopted 30 years ago. He too had the runny nose and he also sneezed a lot. At that time there wasn't any answers for us and we couldn't keep him any longer as I was pregnant with our first baby and couldn't afford to keep going to the vet's. I wish that there had been a simple test like yours got. I hope this treatment works out for you.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adopted , antibiotics , baby , boy , cat , convenia , hey , nose , pet , pregnant , sick , test , vet

Sponsored Cat Links