It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-10-2008   #1 (permalink)
mlb821

Default Cat with stomach problems

My cat has been having digestive problems lately.. Occasionally he'll have a hairball or two.. but lately, he has been throwing up for no apparent reason. I feed him Meow Mix hairball control however, he has been throwing up from it. I decided to switch to Purina One Sensitive Systems since he must have a sensitive stomach. The associate at Petsmart told me to mix half of it with his previous cat food I feed him and slowly progress to feeding him only Purina. I mixed mabye 1/4 of it in his dish and only 1 hour later and its on my rug.. It didn't even hardly digest cause it was still in chunks. I'm sorry if I am grossing anyone out with this post, but I need some help. Should I stop feeding him Meow Mix since that started the stomach issues? Should I try new cat food instead of Purina Sensitive Systems?? Or do I need to just take him to the vet..

Another issue is he is very VERY car sick and goes completely chaotic in the car.. So I'm trying to avoid a commute to the vet as much as possible.. Any suggestions or answers are greatly appreciated!! Thanks

-marcus

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-10-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Hi!

Don't pay attention to his problems with the car & take him to the vet imm! Vomiting can be caused by several factors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-20-2008   #3 (permalink)
Bucky's Mom

I'm wondering if you ever took your cat to the vet. My cat is having the same symptoms lately and just curious to see if you had any updates. Sorry I'm late to respond but just joined the forum today.

Unread 07-28-2008   #4 (permalink)
dmcwlvssr

second the vet check

Unread 07-28-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I always take them to the vet, it is primordial!

Take care,

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
car , care , cat , cat food , food , meow , new cat , petsmart , problem , problems , sick , smart , stop , suggestions , vet , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links