It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-21-2008   #1 (permalink)
calicokatie89

Default Sick, constipated kitten

I have a kitten (okay, several kittens-- some whore keeps having litters near my house) who is in dire need of assistance. There is something very wrong with her. She's constipated, losing weight, and her stool looks like she's been eating cedar needles. The poor thing's rectum bulges out, I'm assuming due to her constipation. Her behind is covered in awful, smelly fecal matter. You can smell it from eight feet away. I'd take her to a vet, but my husband and I have no money to do so. We're currently living with his parents. The cat is hard to catch, too, and has only been handled once in her entire life. Does anyone have any idea what could be the matter with her?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-13-2008   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

My cat had this problem before. Try feeding him more wet food, there is more water in it. Give him a little milk, yes it can be bad for cats but it helps them go to the bathroom too. Also there is a product called laxatone that you can get at your vets.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-11-2008   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

I guess you should give your cat some fibrous food like papaya or something?

Unread 09-14-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
I think he won't eat papaya... But Laxatone & milk are both Okay.

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
assistance , cat , cats , constipation , eating , food , house , kitten , kittens , mat , money , problem , sick , vet , water , weight , wet food , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links