It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-05-2008   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

MyKacy is on a distinguished road
Question My 4 mth old kitten first tooth fallen out! Does it normally fall out this age?

Hi, I notice it on the sofa, at first i thought it was one of her little claw but it's her big tooth on the bottom. I guess it will grow back itself? As a first time cat owner i guess it's normal at her age of 4 months? thanks and appreciate any advice.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-05-2008   #2 (permalink)
AmericanBobtailOwner

Okay so my kitten is 6 months old and has never lost a tooth. We have another cat that is two years and has never lost a tooth. So maybe we just didn't notice it and they did but as far as I know they haven't.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-06-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

I've only noticed one of my cats to lose a tooth.That was my lovely Floyd who passed away in June.When he was about 6 or 7 months, my son noticed he had 2 fangs right next to each other.A few days later one had gone.xxxxx
Unread 08-13-2008   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Don't worry, it's normal among young cats to lose their tooth, just like humans.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Unread 08-15-2008   #5 (permalink)
catlover2000

it is normal! don't worry! Can you help me with a problem I have? the link is:
http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/ca...html#post62654

Unread 08-15-2008   #6 (permalink)
Catsrule23

Yes it is perfectly normal! Catlover2000, I will reply to your post after. It will contain some older peoples information but please ask me if you don't understand!
How old is your female? I think that they will get stressed out if you have bought them at a young age and started breeding them. It might have caused internal damage but please read my full post on your topic.

Unread 08-15-2008   #7 (permalink)
ambercrystal

Malcolm was around that age when he lost his first tooth. I didn't actually find the tooth but he was chewing on me one day and there was blood on my hand. It wasn't mine, and it wasn't the dogs and I inspected his entire body and then realised that he must have lost his tooth. I am sure it is normal.

Unread 08-16-2008   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

Hi, thanks for helping with catlover2000 problem, as a first time cat owner, I wouldn't know the answer to that one..
Unread 08-16-2008   #9 (permalink)
Kitten

Thanks everyone for their reply..

I've checked her tooth, at the time her tooth fell out notice a little tooth next to the tooth that came out so those 2 little tooth are now grown out... 2 fangs now. hehe it's like.. "my what big teeth you have"
Unread 08-17-2008   #10 (permalink)
ambercrystal

Yes, can't you just imagine her sitting in a nighty and bonnet pretending to be your grandma, like in Little Red Riding hood? I can imagine my cat doing that, but it would be odd, as he is male...

Tags
advice , age , another cat , behavior , breeding , cat , cats , chewing , color , dogs , female , free , hey , kitten , lost , love , male , problem , scream , worry

Sponsored Cat Links