It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-28-2008   #1 (permalink)
ferretsratskittycats

Default The new kitten< advice plz

Ok, so this new kitten I got. She's kind of worrying me. She will be coming to work with me tomorrow to get checked out but If anyone can reassure me would be great.

She has eaten a little, but isn't horribly interested in the food. Yesterday she started gaging, like she had a hair ball, she produced no bile, or food, just saliva and a WORM. I have the paper that said she has been dewormed, on the 14th of this month. Now i'm worried because it seems odd that she would still have worms and be coughing them up as apposed to pooping them out. She's gone to the bathroom, peed, but not pooped, and with the amount of food she'd eaten it doesn't surprise me. She did eat slightly better last night and i'm hoping today I can get a poo out of her. I'm going to call work and see if i can't get her in today. She's spunky and playful and her fur already looks better. No worm kitten belly, so if she is infested it not bad.

My bf says she was probably dewormed but she had a really bad infestation when they first dewormed her. I'm thinking of getting some deworm from my old vet today, so i can get her a dose.
she hasn't done the cough cough-worm again but the first night we had her she had been doing it i think as i would wake up. and think she had a hair ball, but found nothing.
thanks everyone! I'll let you know if i hearfrom the vet!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-31-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Yes, the vet is the best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-31-2008   #3 (permalink)
ferretsratskittycats

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Yes, the vet is the best.
Yea, I'm lucky that I'm part of the vet even though i'm in the kennel, because there was no way they'd have been able to fit me in.

As usual i was over reacting. The fecal even was negative for worms. She was given deworm anyway because it's been 2 weeks since she had her vaccinations and w/e deworm "team" gave her. The vet said she looked good, she was fairly compliant to the vet but didn't enjoy her temp being taken, but at least it was normal. She gave her some fluids and that was it.

I was also lucky enough to find that she had a flea on her, just one so all my kittys got revolution, and a flea bath, and my house was bombed. Also of which i was lucky because I get free boarding, so we were able to do that the day I got them to the vet. She's going to need to go back next week for the rest of the vaccinations. She's doing ok otherwise, I've been sitting with her and semi force feeding her, but after the first few of me opening her mouth and dabbing it with food she takes a few bites.

The vet reassured me that she was probably given a dewormer it just wasn't of good quality or she was just horribly infested. So we're not going to start over with her other shots.

=)

Unread 09-01-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Smile

Well, so there is a little improvement. Pls keep us posted & good luck!

Unread 09-01-2008   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Thats good news,I had to take Marley to the vet last week,the assistant was holding her still while the vet took her temperature,she was purring like mad.xxxxx
Unread 09-01-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

Sweet Marley! My kits don't like when the vet takes the temperature, this
action disturbs them very much

Unread 09-01-2008   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

She must've been purring because she was nervous.xxxxx
Unread 09-01-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

It doesn't matter, she's sweet!!! Mine only struggle

Unread 09-01-2008   #9 (permalink)
ferretsratskittycats

Quote:
Originally Posted by che View Post
Thats good news,I had to take Marley to the vet last week,the assistant was holding her still while the vet took her temperature,she was purring like mad.xxxxx
Kinky little kitty! ROFL, The kitten which i think will be naming zelda, is very vocal, and when the vet took her temp she got the loudest i've heard her. I could just see in her face, "WAIT! WHAT"S THAT! AHHHHHHHHH" >.< I've gotta load the pictures

Unread 09-01-2008   #10 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Well Marley can be quite vocal too.I was a bit amused,I thought she would have been in the vets too.But she was quiet as a mouse.So where did you get the name Zelda from?Look forward to pics.xxxxx

Tags
advice , bath , belly , bites , boy , cats , cute , food , found , free , fur , game , great , hey , house , joy , kennel , kitten , kitty , lucky , mat , mouse , nervous , new kitten , nice , night , picture , pictures , struggle , vet , video , vocal , wake

Sponsored Cat Links