It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-09-2008   #1 (permalink)
Catinfor17

Default Saving Cats

ATTENTION CAT LOVERS!!!

Too many of our cats are dying of chronic kidney disease. Especially male Persian cats. We can't cure it but we can help, by identifying the signs, taking care and enabling our cats to live longer and better lives. Nutrition is very important too. My vet recommended that my cat eat special, quality food after he diagnosed the kidney problem - he recommended 3 kinds, of which I chose Royal Canine.

Clinics and hospitals – please inform the people and animals that you help. Passing the information via your distribution lists will help so much, as non-clinicians don't have the tools to diagnose.

In general, if your pet displays one or more of the following take him or her to the vet IMMEDIATELY.

(From a poster in an animal clinic)

Clinical signs of infection
Weight loss*
Weakness
Loss of appetite
Fever
Vomiting**
Diarrhea**
Mouth ulcers***
Chronic bacterial infection

* A cat may eat well but lose weight due to the kidney dysfunction. If your animal is eating regularly, the weight loss is gradual and he or she has a thick, fluffy fur – you might not notice at first.
** If a cat goes outdoors, some of the symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, irregular stools could go unnoticed.
*** Halitosis – if a cat has very bad breath, it's often a sign of illness more serious than dental decay.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND DISTRIBUTE THE INFORMATION TO AS MANY PEOPLE AND SOURCES AS POSSIBLE.

Thank you so very much.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-09-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thank you very much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-11-2008   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Catinfor17, thanks for sharing this info. I'll be reposting this in my blog.

Tags
blog , care , cat , cat lovers , cats , dying , eating , food , fur , loss , lovers , male , nutrition , persian , pet , problem , royal , vet

Sponsored Cat Links