It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-12-2008   #1 (permalink)
CTypist

Default Sargent Gold flea and tick control

I read this on my pit bull forum and decided it would be a good idea to share it, seeing as they make a product for cats as well..
Scary stuff! I'm glad the puppies came out alright in the end though.
I've never used this product, I've never even heard of it, but I'll stay far away from it in the future...

Thanks, and spread the word!

"alright today has been the worst day i have had in a very long time lets just say i thought i was gonna lose 2 of my best friends , this morning at about 7am we started applying a new flea control medicine to all 4 of our dogs everything seemed to be fine at first but at about 9am max our biggest of the four got sick and started vomiting every where well i let him out side so he wasnt puking all over the house after about ten minute i let him back in and he fell down the stairs and started convulsing and couldnt get up i picked him up and was freaking out at first i couldnt think of what could be wrong with him so we rushed him to the vet and the ran a toxicology test and said he was suffering from a chemical toxicity and i told the vet that we had started this new flea control and he said that this is very common with this particular brand because they try to make it to strong ,luckily we caught it before it got to bad because it can cause brain damage parylization and occausionally death ,they gave him a really good bath and gave him a medicine to help him clear it out of his system and gave him a heavy dose of muscle relaxer so he didnt damage his muscles from all the convulsing well we got him takin care of and about 11pm tonight nevaeh the smallest of the four started haveing the same symtoms so we went through it all over again and opur nerves are about shot we have been on the phone with the company and they said they will reimberse us for our pretty hefty vet bills but i think we need to find a way to get this stuff off the market it is called sargent gold flea and tick control we have been talking about maybe filing a class action suit to get it done but that can take forever and a day and we dont want this to happen anymore then possible we did a search online about the product and there is around 40,000 reports just from this product i just want to know is there anything we can do to get this off the market now this stuff is just too dangerous i know we have som brilliant minds on here that can come up with somthing any help would be gretly appreciated sorry for this being so long but i just wanted to get the word out"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-12-2008   #2 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info.I'll stick to Frontline.I've never had any problems with it at all.xxxxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-14-2008   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Me too, Frontline is the best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 09-14-2008   #4 (permalink)
jazzylane

Thank you so much for that...my kitty just got fleas and I was going to get something for it. Now I know to not use that. Thank you sooo much. Who knows what that would do to my tiny kitty.

Unread 09-14-2008   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hi Jasmine,how old is your little man?Have you named him yet?xxxxx
Unread 09-14-2008   #6 (permalink)
jazzylane

Hes 9 weeks and his name is Cale. I took him for his first vet appointment last week and the vet found a flea after giving him his shot. We only found the one and gave him treatment right away but I want to get more after the month is up to make sure they are gone.Does anyone have any suggestions?

Unread 09-14-2008   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Oh he's gorgeous,I can't get over how much he looks like my Floyd when he was a baby.I love that name.What treatment did the vet give?I put Frontline on Finn when he was 8 weeks,I didn't get his brother Harley for another 3 weeks,so he was 11 weeks when I put it on him.xxxxx
Unread 09-14-2008   #8 (permalink)
jazzylane

Awww...thanks. I am not sure what he used. There was no reaction thank goodness.

Unread 09-14-2008   #9 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Well Frontline lasts for around 5 weeks.So just keep an eye on him.xxxxx
Unread 09-16-2008   #10 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

I agree, Frontline plus works amazing! I used Fronline Plus on my cat and it worked like a charm!

Tags
amazing , baby , bath , bills , care , cat , cats , dogs , eye , fleas , found , friends , frontline , fur , hey , house , kitty , love , morning , problems , puking , puppy , search , sick , suggestions , test , vet , vet bills , vomiting , wash

Sponsored Cat Links