Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum

Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/)
-   Cat Health & Nutrition (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/cat-health-and-nutrition/)
-   -   Nearly Dead baby kitten (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/cat-health-and-nutrition/52339-nearly-dead-baby-kitten.html)

Babys Babys 09-14-2008 09:21 PM

Nearly Dead baby kitten

I found a baby kiten, it is about 3 weeks old. It is in horrible condition. It is really skinny and it hardly has any energy. I do not have any access to a vet. What should I do for this kitten? I need to know because I dont want him to die.

Babys Babys 09-14-2008 10:29 PM

I think his time is nearly up. I have no idea what to o for him. I would appreciate it if someone would tell me what I could do for him. I'm sure he would too. I estimate another 1 or 2 max for him to live. Please help.

Babys Babys 09-14-2008 11:56 PM

He didnt make it.

krzekmaya 09-15-2008 01:41 AM

I'm very sorry. As you described the situation, I think that it was too late to save him :cry: Don't worry, next time you'll be more lucky.

che 09-15-2008 06:55 AM

Oh dear this is tragic.Where did you find it?Was it one of Baby's?xxxxx

Babys Babys 09-16-2008 12:55 AM

Actually it was one of babys baabies. Yesterday When I woke up and checked on the kittens, one of them was dead. The grey one with the grey paws. I looked at the other three and noticed that two of them seemed fine, but one of them, white one, was really skinny and had nearly no energy. I didnt know why he was in such bad shape. The day before he seemed fine, they all did. But later that day he also died. The two last kittens seemed good. They were fat and warm. When I went to school this morning, thebabies looked good. But when I got home, they werent good at all. They also had no energy and they were also fairly skinny. They later died, I knew it was to late for them.

I have no clue what happened to them all. It seems like Baby has been feeding them regularly. Maybe she ran out of milk or something. I have no clue. Perhaps it was the massive amounts of fleas they had, I dont know.

Well I am very sad about losing all of them, I felt like they were my own children. Hopefully I can learn what I have done wrong and be sure to be carefuler for the next batch of babies that baby has.

kathie 09-16-2008 02:13 AM

That's bad to hear... ;(

che 09-16-2008 03:39 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.Poor baby.xxxxx

krzekmaya 09-16-2008 04:03 AM

Very sad, I'm sorry for your loss! :(

missprettyeyes 11-10-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babys Babys (Post 63926)
Actually it was one of babys baabies. Yesterday When I woke up and checked on the kittens, one of them was dead. The grey one with the grey paws. I looked at the other three and noticed that two of them seemed fine, but one of them, white one, was really skinny and had nearly no energy. I didnt know why he was in such bad shape. The day before he seemed fine, they all did. But later that day he also died. The two last kittens seemed good. They were fat and warm. When I went to school this morning, thebabies looked good. But when I got home, they werent good at all. They also had no energy and they were also fairly skinny. They later died, I knew it was to late for them.

I have no clue what happened to them all. It seems like Baby has been feeding them regularly. Maybe she ran out of milk or something. I have no clue. Perhaps it was the massive amounts of fleas they had, I dont know.

Well I am very sad about losing all of them, I felt like they were my own children. Hopefully I can learn what I have done wrong and be sure to be carefuler for the next batch of babies that baby has.

Is this a cat your breeding? if not why isn't she fixed? how many litters has she had?and nex time a small kitten with bad fleas can be washed in regular dawn soap!leave on for a few minutes and then rinse off and dry completly.Also a little sugar water(just a drop) will perk up a kitten that seems lethargic!and one last thing,I would keep some kitten milk replacer on hand if you are going to keep having litters of kittens around!sometimes Mama can't make enough milk,and sometime the babies are too weak to stimulate Mama to make enough milk.With nursing it is a supply and demand!The more the kittens nurse the more milk Mama makes and the more milk Mama makes the more the kittens are able to nurse.Make sure your feeding Mama a high quality food as well,she needs more calories when nursing!Good luck and please get the Mama cat spayed!!

whoeva 08-14-2009 04:37 PM

just so you know, fleas can kill a cat. :cry: especially the Young, the old, sick or skinny. can even kill an otherwise perfectly healthy cat as well. they suck the life blood right out of them. causing severe anemia. the last few days, or day, of anemia you will notice the animal being lethargic or skinny. chilly even. so please please take care of the fleas on your animals, it is like torture for them, and it can definitly kill them. that and fleas also carry tapeworm, which is another parasite which can harm your cat.
i also agree with the other members regarding spaying the mama cat. there are so very many kitties out there without homes, please don't add to the population.
after saying all that..i am very sorry for your loss. but as you said, maybe you can learn and do better. and that would start with flea control and spaying/neutering! :)

whoeva 08-14-2009 04:41 PM

lol. sorry...didn't notice this thread was from 2008!

Irene Jims 08-14-2009 06:23 PM

Welcome !

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoeva (Post 97152)
lol. sorry...didn't notice this thread was from 2008!

That's alright ! Welcome to this friendly forum, anyway ! And thanks for your kind and true advice ! ;)
Please introduce your kitties if you have any, and post some pix. We love kitty pix here ! :D

acerlt 08-15-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babys Babys (Post 63926)

What next batch?

If you are still reading here, please, please get this cat, AND all her kittens spayed and neutered. The kittens could have been inbred, for one thing.

And it is cruel to force a cat to have batch after batch of kittens. Did you know one unspayed female and her first litter of kittens can produce 420,000 cats in 7 years? four hundred twenty thousand unwanted cats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoeva (Post 97151)
just so you know, fleas can kill a cat. :cry: especially the Young, the old, sick or skinny. can even kill an otherwise perfectly healthy cat as well. they suck the life blood right out of them. causing severe anemia. the last few days, or day, of anemia you will notice the animal being lethargic or skinny. chilly even. so please please take care of the fleas on your animals, it is like torture for them, and it can definitly kill them. that and fleas also carry tapeworm, which is another parasite which can harm your cat.
i also agree with the other members regarding spaying the mama cat. there are so very many kitties out there without homes, please don't add to the population.
after saying all that..i am very sorry for your loss. but as you said, maybe you can learn and do better. and that would start with flea control and spaying/neutering! :)

Thank you for this useful post. It doesn't matter that you revived an old thread. Your information about fleas is very useful, and the spay/neuter issue is always current.

Welcome to the board!