It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-16-2008   #1 (permalink)
fatbuttmut

Default In shock & depressed beyond belief!

Sorry if I sound like ranting but I need to talk about it or I'll get more depressed.
Couple weeks ago I went and saw the cats with a local rescue group (I adopted from them before) and they asked if I would adopt this female tuxedo cat that was depressed and didn't like men. She was so sweet she ended up moving in with me and the other cats. I thought it cute she'd stick out the tip of her tongue.
Today my vet checked most of my cats and ends up that Deedee(this cat) needed many vaccinations which rescue groups should take care of before adopting them out. In her medical papers it also mentions that the vet said she needed dental work but the rescue group would not approve the expense.
My vet showed me her mouth and it's blood red!! She's missing her front lower teeth, that's the reason her tongue sticks out. She also lost many teeth or they're broken. Her whole mouth has a terrible infection and her immune system is acting up because it's been a long time that she's had it.
My vet gave her a shot of antibiotics and left some pain killers for her but all her teeth need to come out to stop the infection and my vet says the rescue group should had done that before adoption. She's so mad about it she'll be calling them.
Now I can understand why she wasn't eating much of her dry food and would go crazy when I served the wet food. Poor thing can't chew on anything hard.
Pulling all her teeth will cost a lot more than I can afford right now but somehow it needs to be done. I'm hoping the rescue group will either cover it or pay for part of it.
And if you could see her, she's the sweetest cat ever. She likes to talk and loves to be brushed. It breaks my heart that she's in such pain.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-16-2008   #2 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi Marie,how awful,poor DeeDee,she is so sweet,I hope the vet gets a result with the rescue group for you.How will she be able to cope with no teeth?Also how are all your others and Itsy?xxxxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-16-2008   #3 (permalink)
fatbuttmut

I guess I'll have to learn how to make her food and put it in the food processor so she won't have to chew on it. Or add some water to the dry food so it will be soft.
Itsy took over my guest room and doesn't want to play with the others. She thinks she's the queen. LOL
The others are well, most of them got their vaccinations today and Butters and Jonesy will get fixed next month. Ouch! LOL
Oh! Poor Weewee seems to have arthritis so he got a shot today and see how he'll do with it. It made him even more hungry than usual and had to feed him again.
It just makes me mad, feels like they just wanted to dump Deedee on someone and didn't care that she was in pain. She wasn't eating because of the pain, not because she was depressed like they told me.
Even like that she is a sweetie, she loves to talk and sleeps next to me.

Unread 09-16-2008   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

What about Mixy?How is he?Girls are right queens aren't they.My 2 def are.xxxxx
Unread 09-16-2008   #5 (permalink)
fatbuttmut

Mixy is still electric. LOL Keeps attacking Deedee and she doesn't like that. Butters is looking beautiful but still not sure if he can trust me. He does get along with the others very well.
I almost got Butters' sister but someone else adopted her. She was really shy. For now I think I have plenty of cats and with all the medical expense today I'm not thinking of another one. Deedee's surgery will not be cheap either but she needs it.
It's amazing how we sometimes take better care of our cats than we do ourselves!

Unread 09-17-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Poor Deedee, I hope she will feel better soon!
We always take better care of our kits more than ourselves, cannot let them suffer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 09-17-2008   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

We have to take care of them,it's our duty,we chose to have them isn't it.Glad they're getting on anyway,and lucky you didnt get butters sis,with all the expense you have now.Lets hope the vet can sort something out with the rescue group.xxxxx

Tags
adopted , adoption , amazing , antibiotics , attacking , beautiful , care , cats , crazy , cute , depressed , dry , dry food , eating , female , fixed , food , hey , infection , lost , lucky , medical , missing , moving , play , queen , rescue , stop , surgery , tuxedo cat , vet , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links