It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-31-2008   #1 (permalink)
slain79

Question cat's giving birth!! please help

my Cat sarah had a litter of 4 2 days ago. she seems fine and the kittens are doing great but sarah is having some strange issues. it's been 2 days not and she is bleeding a little bit from her hoohah and this after noon what looked like part of a uterus or placenta came out of her which she promptly ate. is this normal (first litter for me too) for more afterbirth to be coming out or should i take her to the vet. she seems to be acting normal. she is eating like a pig again and sleeps in her usual hang out spots on the couches when her kittens are sleeping. please someone help me with this

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-31-2008   #2 (permalink)
buttercup

Yes they do eat the placenta as it gives them and the kittens nourishment. Its natures way of giving a little bit of extra stuff to them to keep them healthy. Its sounds like Sarah is doing great and you shouldn't worry. If you feel uncomfortable with how things are going then call your vet. Congrat's by the way.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
birth , cat , cat's , eating , great , healthy , hey , kittens , litter , sleeping , uncomfortable , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links