It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-09-2008   #1 (permalink)
SilverFox13425

Unhappy Kitten eye problem?

Okay. My little Kitten LillieAnna had an eye problem the other day. Her membrane was completely covering her eye. I had no access to a vet at the time but my grandparents told me it was my lazy cleaning of her litterbox that did it... So I cleaned the litter box and gave her fresh water and by yesterday morning, her eye was fine. Back to complete normal. ^-^

The thing is, I dont think I put in enough litter and she filled the box fast. Now the opposite eye is the same way. It doesnt seem to bother her now. I just cleaned her box and gave her fresh water again. I even cleaned both eyes a bit. I still have no access to a vet.

So Im wondering. What should I do? Im worried about my lovely little baby... She still purrs when I pick her up and she does move around. She's eatind and drinking fine. She just took a poo and it was normal, not runny. So, am I just over reacting again? Will she be okay? I can provide pictures if requested.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-10-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome,

I'm Maya, the mum of 6 spoiled furkids you can see in my gallery
What's your name?

When a cats' eye is covered by this membrane it is a signal of disease.
One of the reasons can be that she has fleas. Check her thoroughly
& if she has you must combat them ASAP.

Good luck & keep us posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-10-2008   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

missprettyeyes is on a distinguished road

I agree with the previous poster, when the third eyelid is showing it usually signals illness!has your kitten had her shots?and seen a vet?the way you say it is going back and forth between the eyes and clearing up only to flare back up again sounds like she may have the feline herpes virus! it affects the eyes!I would suggest getting her to a vet asap!it might also be conjunctavitus(sp?) I have a foster kitten that just had to have surgery to have her eye removed from a bad case of conjunctavitus(sp?)!you can get some lysine pills and crush them and add to her food( there is no smell or taste) you can get these for very little at any drugstore or even walmart.They will help her immune system.Good luck and I hope you can your kitty to a vet soon.

Tags
baby , cats , cleaning , eye , eyes , fast , fleas , food , foster , hey , kitten , kitty , lazy , litter box , litterbox , morning , pictures , pills , poo , problem , smell , surgery , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links