It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-09-2008   #1 (permalink)
Soun4getable

Default Pregnant stray

Hi, over the weekend I took in a stray cat that I have been watching growing larger over the past few weeks. There is no way I was going to let her have those kittens outside. My dilemna is...I have no idea when she is due. Her stomach is large and hard and there is significant movement from her babies, one I felt as low as her pelvis. I have her in a safe room as I have two rescue babies of my own. There is a birthing box, food, water, litter box, everything she needs to have them. She is quite loving and lays there on her back with all four spread open and lets me rub her belly. She is obviously happy to be here. I just want her to have these babies so I can set into motion the vets, the spay, the weaning, the placement, etc., etc.

Last edited by Soun4getable; 11-09-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-10-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome!

It really doesn't matter when she is due, she will bless you with her kittens! Well done you rescued her.

Hope to see pics of the new babies soon & their mum. Pls keep us posted.
ATB,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-10-2008   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

missprettyeyes is on a distinguished road

What a big hearted thing to do, taking in a pregnant Mama kitty! are you planning on keeping any of them? or maybe even Mama?Good luck with it all
Unread 11-10-2008   #4 (permalink)
Soun4getable

No, I do not plan on keeping any of them. I love cats too much and know I cannot help them all. They will all be altered, get their shots, and then be placed in verified forever homes.

Unread 11-10-2008   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

missprettyeyes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soun4getable View Post
No, I do not plan on keeping any of them. I love cats too much and know I cannot help them all. They will all be altered, get their shots, and then be placed in verified forever homes.
Oh ok, thats great!I also recue cats and kittens and I also foser for a few different shelters!It is really hard not to get attatched!but I tell myself for everyone I keep that might mean one less I am able to foster!!
Unread 11-10-2008   #6 (permalink)
Soun4getable

That is EXACTLY my thoughts. I can afford to do more to help them if I do not adopt them. Glad to see other people making the extra effort to rescue feral and stray cats. It gives me hope!

Unread 11-11-2008   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

What a wonderful job you're doing,my girl Dylan had 4 kittens last year,all I can say is the day she gave birth she was extremely restless,up and down off my lap,and in and out of the birth room I had prepared for her.xxxxx
Unread 11-11-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Sweet Dylan!

Unread 11-11-2008   #9 (permalink)
Soun4getable

The hard part of trying to figure it out (she is young and I want to be close when she goes into labor) is that she is a stray. I keep her in the birthing room as I do not want her around my other two cats. I am sure she doesn't need that kind of stress. I just keep looking for milk discharge or any other symptom that they may be born in the very near future but so far nothing. She is such a beautiful girl, I cannot wait to see her babies. Is there anything I can do about the fleas? Momma has them on her and I really would like to try to deal with that problem before the babies come.

Unread 11-11-2008   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Try with Frontline, it is the best.

Tags
babies , beautiful , belly , birth , black , blog , box , care , cat , cats , clean , crying , eyes , feral , fleas , food , foster , frontline , girl , great , happy , hey , home , homes , kittens , listless , litter , litter box , love , loving , mat , morning , newborns , pregnant , print , problem , rescue , sleeping , spay , story , stray , stress , thoughts , type , water , weaning

Sponsored Cat Links