It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-17-2008   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Yes, I also want to share Che's wish for Max-Hannah & Bob-Pez. The situation is not so favorable for you but we all hope your babies will get well soon. We'll pray for them.

ATB,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-17-2008   #12 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Hi Bob,

You're in my thoughts. Give Pez some pets and lovin' from me too!

Was the special wet food "Hills"? I have some of that too. I brought it home a few weeks ago to try Hannah on that. Her sister, Pup, ate it all.

I also know your fears with Cabi. Hannah is pair-bonded with Dynah. They are inseparable. Since Hannah has been in the hospital, Dynah spends her days either glued to me, or walking the halls meowing. I went through this one other time when I had a mother/daughter pair. When Mom cat died, daughter cat was lost for awhile. She came around though.

Every day with them is a treasure. I am sitting here (um, at work) waiting for a call from the Vet to see how surgery went. I too cannot stop crying.

Hang tough my friend. Since joining this board, I have the wonderful fortune of knowing we are not alone.

Hugs,
Max
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-18-2008   #13 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

Max, I hope that everything went as well as it could with your girl...I can't imagine your situation right now, but I hope she took well to the feeding tube and there's some glimmer of hope. Also, thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

And yes, it is "Hills, A/D" veterinary prescribed food...he really loves the stuff, but is still getting sick.

One of my worst fears is being at work, having Pez go into some horrible transition from life to death and have Cabi witness it...I'm not sure how that would be, and I fear that like no other. I can already tell he's sensing something's wrong and he's completely reaching out to me, but I have no control of what happens at my apt. for a good 10 hours a day during the week.

Many thanks to Che and Maya for being on the other end of this thread as well. It was hard enough to type it out, but it was nice to see such a warm reception and positive response(s).

I'll let you know how things go.

Unread 11-18-2008   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Arrow

Thank you Bob & Max, I hope with all my heart that these two babies will get well soon & I understand Bob's fear perfectly because I was in the same situation twice: in 2003 & 2005 when my two angels were very sick.

Good luck!!

Unread 11-18-2008   #15 (permalink)
Top Cat

Bob,

Hannah never got her feeding tube yesterday. There was an emergency at the Vet, and they didn't have time. I am very pleased that they didn't get to do it as I got her to eat some dry food last night. That is the first time in two weeks she has shown any appetite. I left explicit instructions last night not to put the tube in. I brought her own food from home. Maybe they will have luck getting her to eat some of that. The tube has now become the last resort. I'll know in a few hours how that went.

I know your fears about something happening when you are at work. I too am out of the house from 7am to 6pm. As far as Cabi witnessing anything---he will probably surprise you. From experience, I found that feline instinct is paralleled by none. Their keen sense toward us and their fellow felines is uncanny. I wouldn't worry too much about him at this point. He will be fine. They are so resilient (sometime more so than we are).

In the meanwhile, post often. We are here for you. You'll feel better if you talk about everything that is going on.

Max
Unread 11-18-2008   #16 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

I realize now that talking about it more does help to a degree; bottling it up does no good, esp. when there's people that you can reach out to and receive support and kindness from.

So it sounds like Hannah is becoming a bit more receptive, appetite-wise? That's very good news. Hopefully, she can continue with that hunger and you won't have to resort to the tube. All the best to her, Max. It kills me to read about the pain and suffering of these beautiful creatures, but it needs to be shared and it needs to be responded to.

And I know what you mean about resiliency in cats; it just seems to be such the unknown at this point...much like waiting in limbo.

Unread 11-18-2008   #17 (permalink)
Top Cat

Hannah is getting the feeding tube this afternoon. I was hoping we wouldn't have to go that route but. . .
Unread 11-18-2008   #18 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

Oh, again; I'm so sorry to hear it...

Unread 11-18-2008   #19 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

Unhappy

I'm so sorry, Max.

Please take care of her and yourself as much as you can.

It's such an emotional road to have to travel when uncertainty is staring you in the face, but WE will get through this one way or another.

Stay strong for her!

Unread 11-18-2008   #20 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

So, the vet stopped by my apt. to drop off some more of that "Hills A/D" wet food he sent me home with on Sat; it has a stronger calorie content and is supposed to quell nausea/vomiting. He recommended a quarter of a can in more frequent time increments as opposed to letting himself gorge on half a can or more in one sitting. Even though he throws up, he's still digesting some of it because the proof is in the litter box.

We discussed everything from rehashing what we talked about on Sat., to figuring out how my other cat is going to be after it's all over, cremation and how he would go about putting him down. Basically, he's in hospice right now, and I'm doing everything I can to make whatever time is left for him as comfortable & loving as possible. And spoil the hell out of him.

So, currently, he's eating the food, voraciously, is able to use the litter box w/ no problem, and can still jump up on the couch to cuddle w/ me. Vomiting aside, I'd say that's still pretty good.

Cabi is well aware of what's happening...he can smell it. And his "mee-ows" have been more like "mur-ows". He's clingy, too; perhaps more affectionate-wanting.

*tick tock tick tock*

How utterly disappointing.

Tags
animal , baby , beautiful , behaviour , black , box , boy , calm , car , care , carpet , cat , cats , changed , christmas , clean , clingy , confined , crying , cut , dating , diabetes , diet , dry , dry food , eating , elderly , environment , eyes , fast , food , found , friends , fur , girl , great , health , heart murmur , hey , home , home alone , house , hyper , image , infection , interesting , joy , loss , lost , mat , meowing , morning , moving , nausea , new to this , nice , night , not eating , opinion , overweight , pet , play , poop , save , shorthair , sick , small , steroids , stop , stories , story , stress , surgery , transition , travel , type , uti , vet , vocal , vomiting , weight , wet food , window , worry

Sponsored Cat Links