It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-19-2008   #21 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Bob,

Don't be dissapointed, you also stay strong for him. And please think in a positive manner: HE WILL BE OKAY. Don't figure out anything & try to be with him as much as you can.
It is good he's eating & like this he will be stronger.

I remember my Pochee when he was seriously ill from liver cancer, the only thing he could eat were treats, all kind of treats... They contain more vitamins & proteins that the ordinary dry food & cats simply love them!!! Try with them also.

ATB,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-20-2008   #22 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

I keep telling myself and Cabi the exact same thing, Maya. And I've been a homebody more now than ever. Whatever free time is mine, I make for whenever he wants to be with me, no matter what.

It WILL be okay, it's just a cycle of life that needs to take place, and even though Cabi and I are new to this, it'll be pretty rough at first, but we'll get by.

Pez is still eating a qtr out of the can at a time, so I've been giving him feedings about every couple hours or so, and the vomiting has subsided a bit more, too, thankfully. It's so hard to watch him go through that.

I have MUCH to be thankful for this year, and that includes this message board.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-20-2008   #23 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

I keep telling myself and Cabi the exact same thing, Maya. And I've been a homebody more now than ever. Whatever free time is mine, I make for whenever he wants to be with me, no matter what.

It WILL be okay, it's just a cycle of life that needs to take place, and even though Cabi and I are new to this, it'll be pretty rough at first, but we'll get by.

Pez is still eating a qtr out of the can at a time, so I've been giving him feedings about every couple hours or so, and the vomiting has subsided a bit more, too, thankfully. It's so hard to watch him go through that.

Unread 11-20-2008   #24 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

I keep telling myself and Cabi the exact same thing, Maya. And I've been a homebody more now than ever. Whatever free time is mine, I make for whenever he wants to be with me, no matter what. And he's def. getting the treats treatment.

Unread 11-20-2008   #25 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

I keep telling myself and Cabi that it WILL be okay...this is just a cycle of life that we're both new to, and we'll have to get through it together.

Pez is still eating a qtr. out of the can that I feed him (every 2 feedings, really), so he's still hungry, and his vomiting seems to have subsided a bit more, too. I can't stand to see him so thin and wrenching his poor stomach like that. I am def. giving him the "treats" treatment, though. And when he jumps on the couch, as I'm laying down, to lay in the crook of my arm and rest his head on my shoulder, that's when the waterworks turn on.

He's getting so much more attn. now from myself and the cyber-pats and cuddles everyone's extended to him. The same attn. I need to direct to Cabi, too, because he's really been vocal and wanting my attn. more than ever. I feel bad for him because he's losing a step-brother after 8 years, and I'm doing everything I possibly can to reassure him that it'll be okay.

Unread 11-20-2008   #26 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Lightbulb

Yes, I know Bob, it is very sad & hearbreaking to see how our friends get
worse & worse every day. I also believe you are always thinking in a positive manner although it is difficult & not so credible under these circumstances. And yes, as you said, it is the cycle of life, too short for the animals that deserve to live much, very much more time.
Wishing the best for you, Cabi & of course Pez!

PS. Did you know that pez is "fish" in Spanish?

Take care,

Unread 11-21-2008   #27 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

I sure did, Maya.

I may not have recalled it when I took Espanol my freshman year in HS, but after dating a Hispanic girl for 5 years, I improved my ability to remember what I had forgot 15 years prior.

Pez is doing "well". Very little nausea *knock on wood*, and maintaining himself as good as he can.

I've been able to give my emotions a break for a bit w/o exhausting myself every day from crying.

Right now, though, it's as good as it's going to be, and I'm not so bad with that...

...or at least that's what I tell myself.

Unread 11-21-2008   #28 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Red face

Very nice you remember some words in Spanish, it can be helpful.
I asked because it is my mother language, I live in Israel for 21 years now but I'm from Argentina.

Okay, so you feel Pez is better & if you stop crying, also Pez will feel things go better. Don't demonstrate him you're feeling sorrowful as much as you can; don't forget cats are very sensitive.

The best for you all,

Unread 11-24-2008   #29 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

Thumbs up

Well, Pez is continuing to eat a qtr. of the can every 2 hours or so, and he hasn't thrown up in days. He's hungry as anything when I get home from work during the week, and seems to have a steady appetite a/o this weekend, too.

I'm not sure what to make of it, except that I feel much better about him not throwing up, obviously. I think he's still doing as good, if not better, w/ the situation, but I don't want to necessarily jinx anything. But for now, I'm feeling much better about him feeling a little better.

So far > so good.

Unread 11-24-2008   #30 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

Oh, wonderful news Bob! I hope Pez will continue to feel better & stronger
Pls keep us posted & bye for now,

Tags
animal , baby , beautiful , behaviour , black , box , boy , calm , car , care , carpet , cat , cats , changed , christmas , clean , clingy , confined , crying , cut , dating , diabetes , diet , dry , dry food , eating , elderly , environment , eyes , fast , food , found , friends , fur , girl , great , health , heart murmur , hey , home , home alone , house , hyper , image , infection , interesting , joy , loss , lost , mat , meowing , morning , moving , nausea , new to this , nice , night , not eating , opinion , overweight , pet , play , poop , save , shorthair , sick , small , steroids , stop , stories , story , stress , surgery , transition , travel , type , uti , vet , vocal , vomiting , weight , wet food , window , worry

Sponsored Cat Links