It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-16-2008   #41 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Oh, I'm so glad Pez is doing well, thank you for your answer.

And yes, be careful with Cabi & the food Pez is leaving each time. Don't give Cabi too much of it, he doesn't need to be overweight, it's dangerous. Best will be to return the food into the can, put a lid on it &
keep it in the fridge for the next time instead of giving it to Cabi...

Didn't know about the catworld.com site...

Bye for now & keep us posted,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-16-2008   #42 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

So glad Pez is doing well,big hug from me and my fluffy kids,xxxxx
Unread 12-19-2008   #43 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

Question

Hello & a quick update...

The backdoor to my apt. leading to the porch tends to let in a bit of a small draft, and is esp. noticeable in the winter, so I'll take the smaller knit rug that's there on the floor normally and press it up against the bottom of the door to prevent the cold air from blowing in underneath.

The last couple days I've noticed that one of the two (and I can only guess that it's Pez) is urinating on the rug; no poop, just urine. Last night was at least twice while I was out. The litter boxes are being used by Cabi (and Pez to some degree, I would imagine), but I'm wondering why Pez may be resorting to going by the cold door/rug to do his business.

Else, he's still eating like a champ and manages to keep his svelte figure.

Hope all is well in your part(s) of the world, everyone.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-19-2008   #44 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Hi Bob,

Hannah did the same thing. I have a carpet in front of the litter box in my laundry room, so they can 'wipe their feet'. Hannah was using the carpet for urinating only.

Who knows why they do these things. Maybe it's their way of saying that they are not quite up to par. Several years ago I was caring for my daughter's cats while whe was away. One of her males urinated on the floor, right in front of me. There was blood in it. It was his way of telling me "Gran, I'm sick. . .take me to the doctor". Ultimately the UTI was caught in time and he was fine.

They have their own strange and mysterious ways of communicating to us. I wouldn't read too much into it other than he's not at 100%.

We'll talk soon.

M~
Unread 12-19-2008   #45 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Hi Bob & Max!

Very glad to hear Pez is doing well! If he's eating well, all is Okay

My Merlin is urinating here & there sometimes. In this case, I think is because he's complaining about the others who disturb him. Nothing serious.

Unread 12-22-2008   #46 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

Unhappy

Well, since moving the litter box in an attempt to prevent him from urinating on the floor/rug by the back door, he's still managing to not go into the box, still, (except to poop) and urinates on the floor. I made a makeshift stair for him to get into the box, but I don't know if that will do any good. He can still jump on the couch, though, w/o a problem.

His eating has def. become less in portion, and not as frequent, either. At this point, I'm really expecting the worst sooner than later. I put the tuna in his food, but he'll eat just around the wet stuff to get to it. He scarfs it (tuna) down when I feed it to him straight, though.

I'm doing what I think is best, I just want the guidance in knowing that I'm doing the right thing. Being a first-timer, I can't compare this to anything, really.

I'll be back soon, I'm just not sure when.

I hope Merlin is okay, too, Maya.

Unread 12-23-2008   #47 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Okay, thank you for the update.
Hope he will keep on eating, it's a good signal.

By the way, have a Happy New Year you two from me & my gang,

Unread 12-29-2008   #48 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
Okay, thank you for the update.
Hope he will keep on eating, it's a good signal.

By the way, have a Happy New Year you two from me & my gang,
I hope you are doing well, Maya, w/ all that is happening in your part of the world.

I wish you safety and a sense of peace very soon.

Pez is doing fine, probably jut more urinating out of the litterbox than I'd care for, but he's hangin' in there.

I wish you a very healthy and peaceful 2009, Maya!

Last edited by thinwhiteduke; 12-29-2008 at 03:25 AM.

Unread 12-29-2008   #49 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

Oh thank you Bob, the situation is bad here. My city, Ashdod was attacked yesterday by palestinian rockets. One felt near my house; I was
at work, approx. 35 Km North of my town, desperate because I didn't know where exactly felt. I was very concerned because of my kits that were at home alone. But all was Okay, finally nothing happened & I don't know where the rocket felt . Thank God the night was quiet also.

Thank you for the update!! I'm glad Pez is doing well.

Take care & keep us posted please.

ATB,

Unread 01-06-2009   #50 (permalink)
thinwhiteduke

Unhappy

Well, he's pretty much urinating outside of the box all the time now, and his eating has become so less, that I haven't noticed any poop out of him in a couple days or so.

I'm not sure what else there is to do except wait.

Maya, I hope you are well amidst all of this uncertainty by you...you are thought of often.

Peace.

Tags
animal , baby , beautiful , behaviour , black , box , boy , calm , car , care , carpet , cat , cats , changed , christmas , clean , clingy , confined , crying , cut , dating , diabetes , diet , dry , dry food , eating , elderly , environment , eyes , fast , food , found , friends , fur , girl , great , health , heart murmur , hey , home , home alone , house , hyper , image , infection , interesting , joy , loss , lost , mat , meowing , morning , moving , nausea , new to this , nice , night , not eating , opinion , overweight , pet , play , poop , save , shorthair , sick , small , steroids , stop , stories , story , stress , surgery , transition , travel , type , uti , vet , vocal , vomiting , weight , wet food , window , worry

Sponsored Cat Links