It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-25-2008   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Starcat67 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up A Balanced Diet

My cat, Maxxi, is a very old adult. But she still gets alot of exercise and she keeps a balanced diet. Maxxi eats fresh food and 'not-out-of-date' tinned cat food. We let Maxxi drink fresh water everyday and we clean her litter tray everyday. That why she stays physically healthy, hygenically healthy and most importantly nutritionally healthy. Maxxi is 10 years old but she packs alot of energy in a small but old cat.
But balanced diets aren't always about your cat ALWAYS keeping healthy. From time to time, especially when she's been good, we let her know that she has done something good and we give her a cat treat. If your trying to look for the right kind of treats you want to give your cat, try Whiskers option with 'Kitbits' which is a a treat made out of cheese and meat. If you want to give your cat a rare treat, try Thomas's chicken treats. They're not as healthy as Kitbits but they are still better than giving your cat more dinner.
Try it out!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-25-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Nice advice Rosie, thank you!
I give treats to my kits occasionally, not always.

I remember my Pochee when he was ill from liver cancer, the only thing he could eat were treats... They are also a good source of vitamins & proteins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-26-2008   #3 (permalink)
oldcrafty

You can also give your cat a good source of fiber by providing it some cat grass, which is basically a blend of wheat, rye, oat, and barley grasses. Most people don't get enough fiber in their diets because of processed foods. Not only is the fiber good for their digestive system, they also get a good supply of minerals and vitamins from the leaves. A small percentage of cats just don't care for it though.

Unread 11-26-2008   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hi Rosie,my cats love Whiskas kitbits,I can't leave the packet lying around,they rip it to shreds to get at them.They also like eating grass.xxxxx
Unread 11-29-2008   #5 (permalink)
samaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcrafty View Post
You can also give your cat a good source of fiber by providing it some cat grass, which is basically a blend of wheat, rye, oat, and barley grasses. Most people don't get enough fiber in their diets because of processed foods. Not only is the fiber good for their digestive system, they also get a good supply of minerals and vitamins from the leaves. A small percentage of cats just don't care for it though.
I am agree with oldcrafty.You have to to like that.I also think so....

Unread 11-29-2008   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I love your kittie's name!

I was surprised when you referred to her as "old". If she were in my home, she'd be one of the youngsters. I have a shelter adoptee here now who is so old, the Vet won't even venture a guess. She's most likely between 15-20. My first cat, Abbey lived to be 22. Another, TC lived to be 17. Right now, Dynah is 13, Baybee is 12 and Hannah is 11. Maxxi is 'just a kid' !!

We are big on treats here too. They love the "Temptations". I was pleasantly surprised when I went to my Vet and saw several bags there as well.

Thanks for the great advice! Welcome to the group.

Max
Unread 11-29-2008   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Fantastic ages on your cats Max.Temptations are another favourite for my gang.xxxxx
Unread 11-29-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Mine love treats in general, no preferences at all!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
adult , advice , age , care , cat , cat food , cats , clean , diet , eating , fiber , food , great , healthy , hey , home , litter , love , nice , rare , shelter , small , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links