It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-27-2008   #1 (permalink)
Firegrl124

Default Any ideas about the scab on my cat's face?

My cat is about 12 yrs old. Has an aweful scab on her face, that just keeps getting bigger. About a week ago, we noticed a small scab and thought maybe she scratched herself somehow (she is declawed, but maybe a sharp turn on the furniture?). Now its getting worse. She is not scratching it, or licking or cleaning it, its just there. See the picture attached. I'm taking her to the Vet on tue, but in the meantime, any ideas?

Thanks,

Fire
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kissapic[1].jpg (48.6 KB, 25 views)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-28-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Hi & welcome!

I'm Maya, the mum of 6 spoiled furkids you can see in my gallery.

To be honest, I don't have any idea what it can be, but it is a nasty wound I must say. Maybe another member can help you, sorry.

Good luck & pls keep us posted,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-28-2008   #3 (permalink)
Firegrl124

Thank you. I hope more people will answer. With the economy as it is, its getting a bit expensive to take my baby to the vet with every issue. Does any one have any experience with the internet vets? they are for $9 and supposedly answer all pet related questions.

Fire

Unread 11-28-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

Not me, sorry

Unread 01-14-2009   #5 (permalink)
becki

My cat has something similar, has anybody managed to come back with an explanation???

Thanks

Unread 01-14-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by becki View Post
My cat has something similar, has anybody managed to come back with an explanation???

Thanks
Hello and welcome. Unfortunately the poster did not come back to update us.

Any wound should be looked at by your vet. Abscesses especially can be very serious if not treated, vets cannot diagnose over the internet.

The "just Answer" website will take your $9 and tell you to take your cat to the vet.

please read this first
Unread 01-14-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I'd be very concerned to get the "scab" checked to rule out skin cancer. My friend's cat skin cancers all presented at first as a black crusty scab that would not heal and got larger, although the increase in size of each "scab" was very gradual.

If it is the type of skin cancer my friend's cat had, a week won't make much difference, since it was a slow growing cancer that did not tend to metastisize. That doesn't mean that's the type her cat has--some are very aggressive and need to be ID'd ASAP!!

Unread 01-15-2009   #8 (permalink)
Firegrl124

Default My cat - update

Good Afternoon, all.

I am sorry for the slow response. My baby is fine, and her face has healed. The doc gave us a cream and said that it was probably self-inflicted.

Thank you all for your support.

May you and your cats enjoy the evening.

Fire

Unread 01-15-2009   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

That's good to hear. Just wanna know what kind of cream did the vet give for your car? Is it an antibiotic cream or something?
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|
Unread 01-16-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Oh, fantastic news, thank you for the update!

Tags
aggressive , antibiotic , baby , black , car , cat , cat's , cats , cleaning , eco , fur , furniture , hey , internet , joy , licking , pet , picture , scab , scratching , small , type , vet

Sponsored Cat Links