It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-28-2008   #1 (permalink)
Bernie

Default sneezing cat

My cat Jake, 14 yr old orange long hair, has had a sneezing problem for three years. Meds like antibacterial do not help. My vet said it my be some irritation and suggested lysine which did lessen the discharge ususally a dark tan in color. She also suggested some type of surgery.....can't remember but it was pricey and she could only guarantee a 50% success.
I also have a brown tabby, Molley who does not have any similar problem. This is very difficult because it is not cool to have your cat sneeze on furniture and friends; also the fact the Jake is a very regal cat. He deserves better.
Please, anyone with suggestions or help!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-29-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome Bernie!

I'm Maya, the mum of 6 spoiled furkids you can see in my gallery.

There is another option: allergy. Doesn't your vet suggest a test?
Hope to see Jake & Molley pics soon!

Take care,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-29-2008   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Hi...

I'm with Maya on this one. It almost sounds like an allergy. Could it be something as simple as changing his food? Sometimes when cats get older, they have trouble processing the protein in their food. Suggest a diet change to your Vet and see what they have to say. It's definitely worth a try and it certainly can't hurt.

Good luck!

Max
Unread 11-30-2008   #4 (permalink)
Soun4getable

I too will have to agree with the allergy. My baby Sadie is allergic to smoke and my husband and I are both smokers. Outside the house is where we now have to smoke but at least Sadie isn't sneezing all over me. She used to come to rub her face on my and would end up sneezing in my face. Not near as bad now that she isn't around smoke although she does still seem to have some sneezing, my guess is the dust in a house that is 102 years old.

Unread 11-30-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

There is more than one reason to get allergy. Dust can be a very good one...

Unread 12-01-2008   #6 (permalink)
kara_leigh

When I was in high school I had a cat that would sneeze thick green snot all over. He was good about it, though, and tended to just do it in one place...under the bar in the kitchen. LOL He was very considerate. The vet said it was allergies, but never did any testing to see what the exact cause was. My parents smoked like crazy, so that was most likely the culprit, but my parents were not the type to change their behavior for animals.

Unread 12-01-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Wink

Well, I also smoke but never inside the appartment. Only in summer when all the windows are widely open.

Unread 12-01-2008   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chris246 is on a distinguished road

Some cats can become very allergic to the smelly pluggins people tend to put in ,I only use camomile and lavender ones now as this helps cats to stay calm when calling or bad storms ect ..the other smelly ones would make my cats sneeze terrible .x

Trinny, Lacymae,Saphira,Tiegan,Smoothie,Cassie,Indie,Fudge ,Blaize
Unread 12-01-2008   #9 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

I don't use them,and I'm proud to say I've never smoked in my life.And none of my gang have any allergies.xxxxx
Unread 12-01-2008   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chris246 is on a distinguished road

I dont smoke either and wouldn't let anyone smoke in my house ..I hate the smell ..as for the pluggins I only use them when the cats are in call or storms .xxxx

Trinny, Lacymae,Saphira,Tiegan,Smoothie,Cassie,Indie,Fudge ,Blaize

Tags
allergic , allergies , allergy , baby , behavior , brown , calm , care , cat , cats , color , cool , crazy , diet , food , friends , fur , furniture , hey , house , hurt , problem , smell , sneeze , suggestions , surgery , tabby , test , type , vet

Sponsored Cat Links