It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-29-2008   #1 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road
Default Hannah

Hi all,

Sorry I have been absent, but I haven't been spending much time on the computer lately. I was on vacation for a week, and decided to spend it all with my 6 furry girls. They are not very interested in housework, so needless to say, nothing was accomplished in that department.

Now to Hannah. . .

For those who don't know Hannah, refer to my "Hi Everyone- New Here" post in this forum.

Hannah has been home from the hospital for a week now. I'd love to say she made an amazing recovery, but we're not quite there. I am still feeding her through the feeding tube three times a day. She has held down all her meals but two. Every morning when I feed her sisters, she shows up at the food bowls, checks out the menu and walks away. It's almost as though she has forgotten how to eat with her mouth.

She is definitely getting stronger. When she first arrived home, she could barely walk. Her back legs were weak from the potassium loss. Now she has a new nickname--Hannah Houdini. One minute she's there, the next she's gone. She is jumping on the sofa and chairs. She even made it to the top of the recliner with no difficulty. She has even attempted to run a few times.

She is very comfortable at home and enjoys her brushings and her 'lap time'.

We have an appointment with the doctor late this afternoon. I guess I'll have more news then, but until then--I am content with what progress we have made this week. I'll take every little bit I can get.

Love to all,
Max

Last edited by Max24; 11-29-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-29-2008   #2 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

This is wonderful news Max,she must be very happy to be back at home.I hope and pray she continues to get stronger.xxxxx
Unread 11-29-2008   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Ohhhh, I loved these news & I hope Hannah will be completely recovered soon!!
Pls keep us posted after today's appointement with the vet...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-29-2008   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

You can count on that!!! Now I'm going to do some housework , but I will be back later.
Unread 11-29-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Wink

Okay Max & pls don't work so much...

Unread 11-29-2008   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

Thumbs up We're back from the Vet

Hi again,

We just got home, three hours at the Vet. They were really backed up, then the blood machine broke down. Anyways, here's the scoop...

Hannah took one look at the Doctor and proceeded to have a panic attack, drooling and a huge spew of projectile liquid. "Happy to see you Doc!!".

Since there was nothing left in her stomach to spew, we decided to do blood work. Good news. . .all the bad numbers are down, and all the good numbers are up. They aren't normal yet, but a significant gain from the last time. Her anemia is almost gone. Her ears are no longer yellowish-white, and are actually starting to turn pink again.

The Doctor said she doesn't want to see her again until she is eating and the feeding tube is ready to come out. At that point she said she would even consider a house call so Hannah doesn't have another panic attack.

Now. . .Eat Hannah Eat! I'll be chanting that daily.

Everyone have a great evening/day. I'll check in tomorrow.

Love,
Max & Hannah (& DynahK, Baybee, Puppy, Clippy and Maddie)
Unread 11-30-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

Great, wonderful news, I'm soooo happy for Hannah!
Now she must eat. Did you try with treats? It doesn't matter what kind. Try & you'll see she'll start to eat something.

Unread 11-30-2008   #8 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Great news Max,how is she doing?xxxxx
Unread 11-30-2008   #9 (permalink)
Top Cat

Hi all,

Well, Hannah didn't want her tube feeding last night. It must be that she was still upset from the doctor visit. The feeding didn't stay down.

She's been very 'clingy' since we got home. She actually jumped in bed with me last night, climbed under the covers and put her head on my arm. She has NEVER done that. She stayed there all night. I didn't sleep much because I didn't want to move. She looked so sweet.

Maya, I have tried all kinds of treats. She just sniffs and turns her head. Like I said, it's almost as though she has forgotten how to eat with her mouth.
I might try some tuna later today.

Today will be a better day.

Love to you all,

Max & Hannah (and DynahK, Baybee, Puppy, Clippy and Maddie)
Unread 11-30-2008   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Red face

Okay Max, I think she really forgot to eat with her mouth... She must learn again!

Tags
amazing , art , attack , baby , bat , care , chewing , christmas , clingy , computer , cut , eating , food , friends , girl , great , happy , health , hey , home , house , internet , joy , jumping , kitty , lazy , licking , loss , lost , love , mat , meow , morning , nice , night , prayers , puppy , sick , small , story , surgery , thanksgiving , thoughts , tribute , vacation , vet , vomiting , weight

Sponsored Cat Links