It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-30-2008   #1 (permalink)
Soun4getable

Default 2 week kitten is she alright

Next's babies are just over 2 weeks old. They are all doing great, eating, wobbly walking, cute as buttons. However, the blonde one seems to have brown "scabs" on her mouth and nose. Not sure exactly what it is but it doesn't wash off. She had what looked like "dirt" in the corners of her eyes but that has cleared. However the ones on her nose and mouth have not. There are two that are about the size of fleas on her lip (they are not fleas I have checked) and none of the other kittens seem to have this. Any suggestions?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-30-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Allergy maybe? Why don't you check with your vet to be more sure?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-30-2008   #3 (permalink)
Soun4getable

No, doesn't appear to be ab allergy. I hesitate to take her out of the house and subject her to the cold air until she is a little bit older. It doesn't seem to bother her nearly as much as it does me. If it is still there at 4 weeks I will take her in, just wondering if anybody has seen this before.

Unread 11-30-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Question

Not me, sorry

Unread 11-30-2008   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Sorry love,I haven't experienced this,if it gets any worse in the next few days,wrap her up warm and get to the vets.xxxxx
Unread 11-30-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Red face

Maybe the vet can come to your house, just in case...

Unread 11-30-2008   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Almost sounds like a fungal infection. It can be contagious, so I would wrap the baby in a blanket and take her to the Vet ASAP. Better safe than sorry. I hope it turns out to be nothing, but it's better to know.

Good luck. . .let us know.

Max
Unread 12-01-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Exclamation

Yes, this can be another possibility

Tags
allergy , babies , baby , brown , cold , cute , eating , eyes , fleas , great , hey , house , infection , kitten , kittens , love , nose , suggestions , vet , wash

Sponsored Cat Links