It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-02-2008   #1 (permalink)
Ajax

Default Nutro Natural Choice?

I've been told to feed my 3 year old cat Nutro Natural Choice complete care wet food. It comes in little packets. I was wondering if it's any good and how often I can feed it to him, as he also gets dry food. Thanks!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-03-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi!

I leave the dry food always open for them to eat & give wet canned food once a day, in the evenings.

Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-03-2008   #3 (permalink)
Ajax

Thank you very much! It's very much appreciated. I just didn't want to over feed him or feed him something that was bad for him. Thanks again

Unread 12-04-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unhappy

Yes, wet food once a day is enough. For our 2 first cats we gave twice a day & after some time they were OVERWEIGHT.

Unread 12-04-2008   #5 (permalink)
Ajax

That was another one of my concerns. Like I said, I wouldn't want to overfeed him. I want him to stay at a healthy weight, not overweight. Thanks for your help!

Unread 12-05-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Talking

You welcome & good luck!

Unread 12-05-2008   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

missprettyeyes is on a distinguished road

I free feed dry ( Natures Variety,Wellness Core, and Tatse of the wild) all grain free!I also give each cat about 6oz of wet each day.My cats are a healthy weight have beautiful glossy fur and bright eyes!Dry food actually has more calories than wet because it is more dense.If you feed a high quality wet that doesn't have a gravy ( which contains empty calories) your cat will not get overweight for feeding wet 2 times a day,and will actually benefit because he/she is not getting carbs from the dry food and is also getting more water!Good luck
Unread 12-06-2008   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs down

I'm not so sure. My cats were overweight & didn't eat any wet food with gravy. But they do eat twice a day.

Unread 12-06-2008   #9 (permalink)
Kitten

missprettyeyes is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
I'm not so sure. My cats were overweight & didn't eat any wet food with gravy. But they do eat twice a day.
HmmmmmmmI would suggest you read up on dry vs wet! maybe the wet you fed had many grains? which would be moe calories? all the research I have done and all the other people ( cat owners) I have talked to have seemed to agree that more wet in a ats diet is better! in the wild they would be eating small rodents (which like canned are 70+% moisture) and not all the carbs and grains that dry has ( which both equal calories).To the original op, I suggest you check out the site littlebigcat and read what they have to say about feeding cats!!Good luck!
Unread 12-06-2008   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Smile

Okay, but this was in the past. Now all my kits are in good shape & & have beautiful shiny fur. To my surprise (& yours maybe also) they now eat some wet canned food with gravy!
By the way I'll check the site you mentioned, many txs!

Tags
beautiful , canned food , care , cat , cats , diet , dry , dry food , eating , eyes , food , free , fur , healthy , hey , natural , overweight , small , water , weight , wet food , wild

Sponsored Cat Links