It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-03-2008   #1 (permalink)
nortiekeeks

Default is okay to give a variety of different flavored cat foods if they are the same brand?

we just brought lil oscar p. tiddlywinks into our home about three weeks ago. he was meowing up at my car window in a white castle parking lot, looking all hungry and scruffy and coooooooooooold and when i got out to see if i could catch/rescue him, he jumped right in our car, believe it or not!! he climbed into my lap and went to sleep while i drove home and i instantly fell in love! my boyfriend, who has never been an animal person at all, took a little longer (like an hour, lol) to come around and now he's totally smitten by this kitten as well!

oscar is super affectionate and loving and active and such a cutie pie! and he even knew exactly what to do in the litter box from first day! so smart!! the vet says he is about 3-4 months old and is a healthy lil guy so far. (we have an appointment for him to be tested for FIV and leukemia on the 12th, and to be neutered as well. keeping my fingers crossed they come back negative!!!!!)

anyway, in reading through many of your posts, i have learned that kittens should eat a combination of wet food (as main meals) and dry food (left in their bowl for them to munch on throughout the day) so, after researching some kitty foods and reading lots of nutritional labels, lol, i have settled on the wellness brand. (the ingredient list sounds so yummy i am almost tempted to...just kidding! HA HA)

now, we have just made the transition to the new dry food; however we haven't given him the canned stuff yet because i, of course, had to get it in ALL of the different flavors, thinking we could see which ones he preferred the best and keep a steady rotation of different flavors he likes so he doesn’t get "bored". BUT my boyfriend thinks that they should only eat one flavor, period.

so my question, FINALLY, lol, is it okay to let him try all the different varieties and, once we see which ones he tends to favor, let him have those in rotation??

thanks a bunch in advance!! : )

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-03-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome to you & Oscar!

I'm Maya, the mum of 6 lovely furkids you can see in my gallery
What's your name?
Well done you rescued Oscar & congrats for the new baby, how cute he must be!

Yes, try all the varieties of canned food, I'm sure he will love all of them but after some time he will have preferences, you will realize what flavors he will like most.
For dry food the best is Royal Canin Baby Cat, more expensive but the best in quality.
Not only kittens but also adult cats eat a combination of dry & wet food.
I give my adults a rotation of different flavors & marks so they don't get bored.
Hope to see Oscar pics soon!

ATB,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adult , affectionate , animal , baby , box , boyfriend , canned food , cat , cats , cute , dry , dry food , fiv , food , healthy , hey , home , kitten , kittens , kitty , litter , litter box , love , loving , meowing , person , question , rescue , royal , sleep , smart , transition , vet , wet food , window

Sponsored Cat Links