It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-06-2008   #1 (permalink)
kara_leigh

Default Poor Nora

My poor baby. Her eye has been bothering her lately. I do have an appt to take her to the vet on the 16th, but I need some advice for the mean time.

About a month ago or so we noticed she was holding her left eye closed and realized that it had suddenly got cloudy. I'm not sure if she was holding it shut because it hurt or because it was hard to see out of. She was tired and lethargic for a day or two, and then was back to her normal self. Another day and her eye was back to normal, so for a total of 3 days her eye was cloudy. I was about to make an appt for her, but it went away and since it takes an average of a week to get in I decided against it.

Fast forward to a couple days ago. Now her RIGHT eye is cloudy. She is also VERY lethargic and wants to do nothing but sleep. She wrestles with Milo for a little bit here and there, but it seems to take a lot out of her and she will sleep for hours. She is pretty clingy during these times. She seems warm, but I have no way of taking her temp.

Her only symptoms are a cloudy pupil and she is holding her eye shut, and lethargy. There is no discharge or redness and she has no URI symptoms. I can't tell if it hurts her or not.

My cousin is a vet in Vegas and she specializes in felines and has gotten a few awards for her care and knowledge. I asked her about it and she suggested either feline herpes, chlamydia, or calicivirus, but all of those talk about eye discharge and/or conjunctivitis and URI symptoms but she has none of that. I sent her another message with some photos of Nora, but she has yet to get back to me. She works nights so she is probably sleeping.

Any ideas? The only thing I can find that fits is FLV, and I don't know if they tested her for that at her new kitten check up or not. I certainly hope it isn't that. Her eye is starting to look better, but it is still a bit cloudy and she hasn't snapped out of her lethargic state like she did last time.

Is there anything I can do for her until her appt??

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-06-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

It can be an eye infection. In the meantime try with the tea as I told you before in another thread. If it cannot help her, it also cannot be harmful for the eye.
Hope she will feel better soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
advice , baby , care , clingy , eye , hey , hurt , infection , kitten , new kitten , photos , sleep , sleeping , vet

Sponsored Cat Links